Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sandr4m Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2012, 03:39 PM
    Should I move out of my parents??
    Hello,
    I am a 26yrs old woman who still lives with her parents. Do you think I should move out? I share all the house expenses with my parents and my younger sister. I pay rent to them, pay my car, and car insurance, bills, etc. I have been paying rent to my parents since I was 19yrs old. My cousins tell me I should move out now that I have graduated college but I personally I do not feel like I need to move out since it's not like my parents are on my case. I kind of feel like I am just renting a room from them. I enjoy their company and am happy I am able to help them in a monetary way.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2012, 04:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandr4m View Post
    Hello,
    I am a 26yrs old woman who still lives with her parents. Do you think I should move out? I share all the house expenses with my parents and my younger sister. I pay rent to them, pay my car, and car insurance, bills, etc. I have been paying rent to my parents since I was 19yrs old. My cousins tell me I should move out now that I have graduated college but I personally I do not feel like I need to move out since it's not like my parents are on my case. I kinda feel like I am just renting a room from them. I enjoy their company and am happy I am able to help them in a monetary way.
    "

Would I/did I want to live with my parents when I was 26? No. I wanted the freedom of living alone and the experience of supporting myself.

Here's what else you posted. Did you leave something out of this thread?

"Gosh.. I don't know what to tell you.. I got my interview this Monday coming up.. I'm scared too.. my husband and I know each other, we've dated for like 1 1/2 year still I'm nervous because I have also worked outside of campus and file taxes.. so I don't know how does going to affect me.. I'm planning on being as honest as I can.. don't give out info that they do not ask for.. hopefully everything goes well.. good luck
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2013, 02:27 PM
    Does your parents need your support?

If they can manage on their own, perhaps its time you move out and be your own person!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2013, 10:34 AM
    After assessing if your parents need your help or not and that you have enough money to find a place, make the initial payments and keep up with bills and afford it then yeah I'd say move.
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2013, 10:47 AM
    Gotcha! Asked over a year ago.

(Pass it along - I got "caught" yesterday or the day before.)
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2013, 01:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Gotcha! Asked over a year ago.

(Pass it along - I got "caught" yesterday or the day before.)
    Haha my 2nd time this week. Not to be hating but mods need to do a better job of closing the threads. : )
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2013, 01:37 PM
    I was poking "nohelp" with that particular sharp stick. The argument whether to open or close goes on and on.
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2013, 01:39 PM
    OP hasn't been on for more than a year. I doubt she'll come back and read the new posts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I was asked verbally to move so a relative could move in. Relocation fees? [ 3 Answers ]

The next month after my landlady was upset and was rude to me because I did not pay the rent 3 days early, I dropped off my rent and was told to move in 30 days so a relative could move in. Since I had paid last month's rent (is that legal or should it be security?) he told me I could have 60 days....

My 1993 Mazda MVP will not move even in neutral shifter on column will move [ 0 Answers ]

The shifter on column will move but the car/van will not go into gear. Put car in neutral will not roll. Any ideas on what the problem may be?

Can my 2 yr. Old son, her brother,& I or anyone asked to move ,in be forced to move [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriends sister asked myself,my 2 yr. old and her brother to move in with her because she was divorcing her husband & was afraid to stay there alone. Her husband broke in the house by smashing the glass on the inside kitchen door, the police were called and she went to court for an order of...

View more questions Search