Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Nov 14, 2012, 04:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Apple View Post
    She probably did as rats are herd animals so she would have had no one to communicate with. Even if there was a trigger like a small illness since, so to speak, there was no one to live for she wouldn't have recovered.
    That's BS... I've had single rats and all lived nice long lives. Being a "herd animal" doesn't make an animal prone to death simply by being by itself.

Aside from that, thanks for chiming in. I'm sure your answer was real helpful to this girl who posted this question back in August.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 14, 2012, 06:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Apple View Post
    She probably did as rats are herd animals so she would have had no one to communicate with. Even if there was a trigger like a small illness since, so to speak, there was no one to live for she wouldn't have recovered.
    No, you're wrong. Rabbits are also animals that live in groups. Keeping a lone rabbit is not something I'd recommend, but they don't die from lonlieness. If the owner spends time with them, that's all the attention they need.

So no, you're not at all right. This rat didn't die of because it was lonely.
    Pets Expert

Nov 14, 2012, 06:03 PM
    Aside from that, thanks for chiming in. I'm sure your answer was real helpful to this girl who posted this question back in August
    Odinn, she posted in July. Just fyi. :)
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Nov 14, 2012, 10:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Odinn, she posted in July. Just fyi. :)
    You are right. I was just going by the last post.
    Pets Expert

Nov 15, 2012, 06:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    You are right. I was just going by the last post.
    OMG! I have "you are right" in writing! I'm framing this! ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How Do I Tell If My Rat Is Pregnant [ 20 Answers ]

I have 4 rats, three males, one female. All three males mated with my female on exactly May 28th, 2012. Now it is the 18th of June, and it has been 21 days and most websites I have been to for help say that the average female gives birth on the 21st to 23rd day. My rat seems to be slightly rounder,...

Second Rat? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have an eight month pet rat. She is incredibly affectionate and we spend a lot of time together. I have read that it is borderline unethical to keep a solitary rat. I have been considering getting her a rat friend. I am just concerned that it is too late and she wouldn't adjust to the...

My pet rat got loose! I need advice on how to find him quickly and safely... [ 3 Answers ]

I have three pet rats. I took one out for some playtime and he got away. He then proceeded to disappear completely. I don't have too much space for him to roam and I have little to no clutter for him to hide in. I already put some food out for him but I'm a worrier and would like to know if someone...

Bonding with my rat? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have 2 pet rat who are nearly 7 month old, But I'm not sure if they are bonded to me, they will come see me and take food from my hand , climb al over me etc, but they all ways want to run on the floor and be doing something else, I don't know if it's that hey are babies and they want to...

Rat Control [ 18 Answers ]

I have lived in the same home for 27 yrs. Nothing has changed! There is just furniture in my basement, absolutely no food. The basement is "all of a sudden" infested with rats. I have set 6 traps... I have only one trap left. Now I must find the rats in the other traps. Yuk! Why... all of a...

View more questions Search