Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kristintrose89 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2012, 10:46 AM
    I smoked a hit of marijuna one week ago will I pass a hair follicle test?
    I have never smoked before in my life, my boyfriend persuaded me to take one hit and we passed it back and forth, I'm not even sure I was doing it right and I didn't hold it in long and didn't feel any of its effects... today I took a hair follicle drug test for a new job.. do I have a chance or will I fail miserbly?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2012, 11:34 AM
    One time use of marijuana is not going to be detectable on a hair drug test.

“In contrast to other illicit drugs, hair analysis lacks the sensitivity to act as a detector for cannabinoids” .”

Musshoff F, Madea B. (2006) Review of biologic matrices (urine, blood, hair) as indicators of recent or ongoing cannabis use. There Drug Monit. Apr 2006;28(2):155-63 also see

Genen & Bienenfeld, Cannabis Compound Abuse Workup

Galanter & Kleber, 2011 Psychotherapy for the Treatment of Substance Abuse, American Psychiatric Publishing, Wash, DC, p. 58 quoting “Positive results from hair testing are generally expected only when a person has used a drug at least four to six times per month” [This applies to drugs in general and not just THC]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I smoked once in the last month. Can I be positive with a hair-follicle drug test? [ 19 Answers ]

I smoked, well I don't know what I was doing, but I guess I had 4 pulls on some marijuina and kept in haling and blowing it back out... I really didn't no what I was doing... it was about a month and a half ago... I just took a hair follicle test will it be positive you think?

I smoked one hit of marijuana 67 days ago. Will I pass hair follicle test? [ 8 Answers ]

I smoked weed 67 days ago, took one hit from a pinch hitter. Before that it had been over 6 months since I smoked very infrequent. I have to take a hair follicle test in the next week. I am 6'3 with dark hair. Keep my hair fairly short 1 guard on my clippers. Have cut my hair many times 5 times...

Hair follicle test: only smoked twice in last 6 months. [ 8 Answers ]

Hello all. I tried the green for the first time the end of December, then again in the end of March. Ironically I have my first hair follicle test soon. I'm african american, shoulder length hair. I've been using Toxins Wash and T-Gel. What are my chances of a negative reading? Thanks!

Never smoked marijuana but tested positive on a hair follicle test how is that possib [ 1 Answers ]

Never smoked but live with people who do yet I tested positive on a hair follicle test and negative on a urine test how is that possible

View more questions Search