Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    duckmysick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2012, 09:16 PM
    Heart murmur and ed
    About 3-4 years ago I was diagnosed with a heart murmur. Doctors told me to get it checked out but my parents never took me and we did not think much about it since my brother was born with one. I've noticed that lately I haven't been able to keep an erection. When me and my girlfriend have sex, I'm not able to keep one before actually going inside her. My erection is quite soft and I lose it in less than a minute when arousal stops. This is getting quite embarrassing so I went online to look up how to fix this. They said the erectile dysfunction can be cause by cardiovascular disease and potential heart failure. Now I'm getting worried that my 'innocent' heart murmur isn't so innocent and is actually a sign of heart disease or something to that effect. I'm only 17 and I'm kind of worried. Any ideas if this can be it or not?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 30, 2012, 04:32 AM
    Many people have heart murmurs and it doesn't necessarily mean heart disease; individuals live long productive lives with this condition. Your information applies to an older individual with an actual heart condition.

If your brother has this too, it is most probably genetic and you have inherited from your genes.

If it worries you, go to your doctor, discuss this with him, and I am sure he will re-assure you that your erectile dysfunction has nothing to do with this condition. As a budding adult, you should be able to speak of this with a professional person without being shy.

Do you think perhaps you have dwelt on this, it is on your mind, therefore has stopped you performing sexually? Could be you are over-anxious and I would suggest you just relax.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heart Murmur? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm not sure if I spelled it right , but the doctor told me I have a heart murmur yet failed to explain what it is.. can somebody please explain? Are they bad? Is it hurting me?

Heart murmur, palpitations, pregnancy [ 6 Answers ]

I am only about a week pregnant and I have a pre-existing heart murmur and am having chest pains and palpitations what do I need to do?

Intestinal illness and heart murmur in 16-month vizsla [ 2 Answers ]

My dog is sick. He is a 16-month-old intact male vizsla. Before last week he was a healthy, happy boy who loves to hunt birds and go for long runs down on the farm. Last Wednesday he had one small vomit (my husband and I were still at work) - mostly grass and a little yellow foam but seemed...

Heart murmur [ 3 Answers ]

I have a kitten who is seven months old. I went to get my kitten fixed last week. The vet said that he couldn't do the surgery because he said my kitten was born with a heart murmur and that if he did the surgery he may not wake up. So the question I'm asking that I hope you can help me with is do...

View more questions Search