Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chocolatecats Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2012, 04:48 PM
    It's bad to be gay?
    I'm not lesbian or gay... but just wondering why is bad to be gay? Yet is okay for a woman to be a lesbian?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 05:25 PM
    Don't know where you got that idea from. Homosexuals are accepted more and more by people, both men and women.

So, where did you get the idea that being gay is bad?

Jul 29, 2012, 05:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Don't know where you got that idea from. Homosexuals are accepted more and more by people, both men and women.

So, where did you get the idea that being gay is bad?
    People around .when something bad happens they always say "that's so gay"... and just my social circle... they always view gay men more negatively then lesbians.
    Pets Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 06:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolatecats View Post
    People around .when something bad happens they always say "that's so gay" ...and just my social circle...they always view gay men more negatively then lesbians.
    "That's so gay" is a saying. It has nothing to do with being a homosexual.

It's the same as saying "that's lame". It doesn't mean that someone is actually lame, hurt, limping, etc.

If your social circle is homophobic, and you're not, then I wonder why you hang out with them? Are most of them guys?

Jul 29, 2012, 06:25 PM
    "That's so gay" is a saying. It has nothing to do with being a homosexual.

It's the same as saying "that's lame". It doesn't mean that someone is actually lame, hurt, limping, etc.

If your social circle is homophobic, and you're not, then I wonder why you hang out with them? Are most of them guys?
    Not all of them are homophobic, but yes the majority is. We rarely bring up the subject, because it always ends up being awkward , or uncomfortable. Yes most of them are male, and that saying has offended gay people before, at least from what I've seen.
    Pets Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 07:00 PM
    Not all of them are homophobic, but yes the majority is. We rarely bring up the subject, because it always ends up being awkward , or uncomfortable. Yes most of them are male, and that saying has offended gay people before, at least from what I've seen.
    Most of them are male?

That's your answer right there.

Most straight guys are really uncomfortable about gay men. But gay women? Hell, most guys fantasize about two women having sex.

Before I continue this, I have to ask your age. I know you stated you didn't want to post your age, but you posted this in the adult sexuality forum. I have to make sure you're an adult before I continue posting. Based on your other posts I'd bet you're not over 18.

If you can confirm that you are, we can continue this discussion. Please be honest. I do not feel comfortable discussing sex, or anything to do with sex, with anyone under the age of 18, and it's also against the rules of this site.

You don't have to give your exact age. Just verify that you're 18 or older.

Jul 29, 2012, 07:13 PM
    Most of them are male?

That's your answer right there.

Most straight guys are really uncomfortable about gay men. But gay women? Hell, most guys fantasize about two women having sex.

Before I continue this, I have to ask your age. I know you stated you didn't want to post your age, but you posted this in the adult sexuality forum. I have to make sure you're an adult before I continue posting. Based on your other posts I'd bet you're not over 18.

If you can confirm that you are, we can continue this discussion. Please be honest. I do not feel comfortable discussing sex, or anything to do with sex, with anyone under the age of 18, and it's also against the rules of this site.

You don't have to give your exact age. Just verify that you're 18 or older.

I'm not over 18
    Pets Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 07:17 PM
    I'm not over 18
    Then we can't continue this conversation. There are strict rules when posting in this forum. Adult sexuality is for 18 + only.

I thank you for being honest. :)

Would you like me to ask the moderators to move this thread to another forum? I can do that, and then we can continue the conversation, but on a PG level. This forum can be explicit, which is why it's not for anyone under the age of 18. On this site we very much care about the people that post. I'm a parent. I know I wouldn't want my kids being exposed to things they're too young to understand.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 07:19 PM
    I keep moving threads!! Where you do you want me to put this one? Teens?

Jul 29, 2012, 07:21 PM
    Then we can't continue this conversation. There are strict rules when posting in this forum. Adult sexuality is for 18 + only.

I thank you for being honest. :)

Would you like me to ask the moderators to move this thread to another forum? I can do that, and then we can continue the convo, but on a PG level. This forum can be explicit, which is why it's not for anyone under the age of 18. On this site we very much care about the people that post. I'm a parent. I know I wouldn't want my kids being exposed to things they're too young to understand.
    No, If possible , can I just delete it?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 07:22 PM
    Nope, no deletions unless it totally breaks site rules.

Jul 29, 2012, 07:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I keep moving threads!!! Where you do you want me to put this one? Teens?
    If I can't delete it , then yes, feel free
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 07:27 PM
    I put it in Member Discussions in case Alty gets chatty.

Jul 29, 2012, 07:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I put it in Member Discussions in case Alty gets chatty.
    Thank you
    Pets Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 07:55 PM
    Alty does tend to get chatty. ;)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 09:14 PM
    The issue is with the term, and the usage, "that is gay" was said long before being gay had anything to do with sex. In old Christmas songs, there was "gay apparel" which was only bright festive clothing.

But the issue of being gay comes from a disagreement in moral values, many Christian, Jewish and Islamic faiths teach it is a serious sin to have gay sex. ( that is not being gay,it is having gay or lesbian sex)

In the US, in my opinion it is split fairly even between pro and anti gay groups, but many anti gay groups will not speak publicly since they get labeled names for their beliefs.

Which is my issue, the same people who say we would be accepting ( that is of them) are not accepting of the anti gay groups. The anti gay groups of course are not accepting either.
    jay-stud Posts: 43, Reputation: 0

Aug 6, 2012, 09:10 PM
    For me I think its "better" for men to be gay. Women we are judged because there are so many labels. There are girls that dress like guys(studs) , (fems)who dress like girls, etc. I am a stud and I get judged a whole lot.. but either way it isn't bad to be gay people have their own opinions
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2012, 05:55 PM
    It's worse to be a Christian in America today. In just a few short years, armies of gays and lesbians will be hunting down Christians and executing them for all of the hell they have put them through. That's what you get for butting into other peoples bidness and telling them they are sick kinky freaks.
    sadfallenangel Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2012, 10:02 PM
    There's nothing bad about either. I am am not but that is completely your choice. As long as you truly love them. If they don't like it SCREW THEM.I have been called a emo fag though not bi. You bullys need to get a ing life. Any way nothing bad about homo.
    holyguacamole Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2012, 08:31 PM
    It's not bad to be gay. You can take any group of people, and someone, somewhere, will have an issue with them.

There comes a point in your life, where you'd rather be hated for what you are, than loved for what you aren't. That's when things really get interesting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend has a 3 gay friends is he down low or secretly gay? [ 15 Answers ]

Well I been on and off with my boyfriend for 7 years. I have always thought he was very manly. Until I met Charley his openly gay friend. He and Charley have known one another for about 10 plus years.There have been rumors from family members, friends, and the mother of his two kids that he and...

Do I start with my gay friend or my gay friends crush? [ 4 Answers ]

How it happened: Me an my gay best friend Bill(names have been changed) are in the same class as his crush, Dave a feminine guy that everyone likes. He's funny an the perfect guy bill has been waiting for(he tells me but I've heard it before:rolleyes: ) and when bill gets giddy I get giddy. ...

View more questions Search