Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HannahRenee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2012, 03:28 PM
    How to become a singer at 12years old
    Hi, my name is Hannah, and I am 12! I really want to be a singer! Because I love to make people happy and smile, and happy! This has been my dream since I was 4! I've been told that I am a great singer! Also how do I build up confidence? How can you get yourself noticed! I mean I practice in front of stuffed animals.Do you think if I just acted like no one is around me, and just sing the song it would be fine? I am also very mature for my age! If you have anything that would help that's awesome, thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 29, 2012, 03:35 PM
    So I assume your parents have you in voice lessons to learn tone and voice control?

They should also have you in lessons for theory so that you can read and write music.

What type of music do you sing?

You then start with some YouTube recordings, and then start finding places to sing. Open mic nights, places like open houses, small town fairs, school carnivals all often allow new talent to try and sing.

Once you have done voice lessons for a while, and did some open mic's, you get a booking agent to start to find you small paying gigs.
    HannahRenee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2012, 03:43 PM
    Thanks this might just help a lot! I am not taking vocal lessons, or any of that! But I really want to talk to my mom about that! And I know I will probably need to know how to play something! So I'm going to talk to my step dad because he has gotten to play at the Texas State Fair 3 times! But thanks for the help!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 29, 2012, 04:00 PM
    Does your school have a glee club or chorus, Drama dept? Does your church have a chorus? Have you tried joining them?

Who has told you that you are a great singer? Someone qualified to judge?

To be a singer, just sing. But I think you mean you want to sing for a living. And that requires training, practice and performance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slows male singer need to find the singer please [ 1 Answers ]

Even though my job takes me all around the world

Can a Singer Sewing Machine "singer merritt 4525" us a free motion foot [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I saw one that's cleaver and free-motion sewing machine foot being use. My sewing machine is a singer merrit 4525. Can I use a free-motion foot on it? Also, Does anyone know a place online to get or lookat a free manual for that model? Thank for the help, Kathy Hamann

Please if anyone know the singer of this song, help to find the singer name? [ 0 Answers ]

Please if anyone know the singer of this song, help to find the singer name I think it's a spanish song, This is the link: http://youtu.be/ZsJrzJOQlpM

I want to become a singer! [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I am vicky tb a I REALLY want to become a famous singer I a middleish voice and I want to improve do you recommend anything.?

Name of singer [ 4 Answers ]

Who sings the new remake of the old Archies Sugar Sugar song? It's hip hop I guess

View more questions Search