Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shovo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2012, 12:02 PM
    Main drop drain to main is 1-1/2"
    I am trying to put in a 36" standpipe 9 foot length 2" drain for a washing machine. I have a 2" trap and havethe run angled almost 9" in 9'. I know that's overkill. My problem is that the drain line has to reduce to 1-1/2" to T into the main drain before it drops into the main to the street.

It is backing up. So I gather I need a vent next to, after the trap, but what do I do about the drain size reduction without a major overhaul?

this same washer was plumbed into another 1-1/2" standpipe but was 4" from the drain line

Check out some similar questions!

Tub drain need to drop 26", btr to drop at 45 or 90? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello All, I'm installing a shower and have been scratching my head on this for a while. I need to run the drain along the wall above to so I can vent it (for a foot or two), then hang a right and head toward the stack about 5' away. Due to the small crawl space and T on the stack, I need...

Do I use the calculated load or the main breaker rating to determine voltage drop and [ 5 Answers ]

I am running a feeder to a panel in my outbuilding. Do I use my calculated load or do I use the 100 amp main breaker rating for my voltage drop and feeder sizing calculations?

Do I need to upgrade my 3" main drain to 4"? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am putting in a new bathroom and am wondering if my 3" main drain can handle the extra fixtures Before the bathroom this is everything that drains to main.... -Toilet -Lav -Bathtub/Shower -kitchen Sink -Dishwasher -Washmachine -Laundry Sink

Removing 1 1/4" Copper Drain Pipe From Main 4" Drain [ 1 Answers ]

I discovered a big hole behind the drywall in my copper drain line about 3/4' from the main 4" Drain... I need to disconnect the fitting... which direction is the thread... it is in there really tight and is difficult to loosen.

Main drain degree of drop [ 1 Answers ]

I'm finishing my basement and the main drain pipe is in a very bad spot. I'm going to re-run the main drain. How much of a drop should the pipe be? (Example: 1" every 10')

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.