Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redbull0503 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2012, 11:43 AM
    ADT PC1555 has amber light and beeping
    Hi
    I got a non-monitored ADT alarm, model PC1555 , has amber light and keeps beeping. Saw few having similar problem - but mine, when pressing *2, I got '1'.
    1 means 'service is needed' . How do I fix this to get the amber light and the beeping to stop? Don't want to call ADT though.
    Thanks in advace
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2012, 03:11 PM
    After you hit *2, and you see the 1, press 1 again, it should give you a number between 1 and 4. What is that number?
    1 is low battery, breaker or transformer is unplugged.
    2 is tamper on the bell circuit, etc...

Jul 30, 2012, 05:46 AM
    Thanks Stratmando
    I got another '1'. Everything is plugged in . This could be the backup batterry then?
    (it has not been touched for years) if so, where could I find out quickly. As we go on vacation soon. Radio Shak?
    Thanks again.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2012, 08:19 AM
    If the transformer is plugged in and is putting voltage out, it is Likely the battery, or corroded battery connections.
    You need a 12 volt 4 Ah Battery if you don't have a lot of powered devices. For more devices and/or longer backup time, use the 12 Volt 7Ah Battery.
    After it is charging for a bit, the light should go out.

Aug 1, 2012, 11:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmando View Post
    If the transformer is plugged in and is putting voltage out, it is Likely the battery, or corroded battery connections.
    You need a 12 volt 4 Ah Battery if you dont have a lot of powered devices. For more devices and/or longer backup time, use the 12 Volt 7Ah Battery.
    After it is charging for a bit, the light should go out.
    Now after I replaced the battery (12 V 4 Ah) the amber light is GONE! No more chirping in the middle of the night. Thanks Stratmando.
    1 more question though, now, somehow, I could not push 'AWAY' button to 'arm' the house anymore. When I push it, nothing happens. I need to enter user-code to 'arm/dis-arm' the house. Can you tell me how to 'enable' the push button to arm?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cancelled ADT service but my alarm keeps beeping and trouble light on. WHY? [ 17 Answers ]

Cancelled ADT service but my alarm keeps beeping and trouble light on. WHY?

Only green light, no amber [ 16 Answers ]

I have a NAS device on my netywork that failed. I've tried a number of trouble shooting techniques to no avail. The probem has been narrowed down to the NAS not grabbing an IP from the router.. One of the reasons I think this is happening is because I only get a green light flashing on the Ethernet...

Loose Amber [ 10 Answers ]

About ten years ago, my Dad brought me a small trinket box full of loose amber from one of his trips to South America. There are about 50 stones with small holes for stringing onto a necklace. Anyone have any ideas about what to do with these pieces? I'm not all that crafty and don't want to...

Amber color 7-up bottle [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find the value of a amber color 7-up bottle made in knoxville, TN.

Amber is a great moderator [ 5 Answers ]

I'm a member of Amber's board like Dark2Light and I think she's a great moderator. I've never met someone so caring and helpful as Amber. She has helped so many people on her board. When I was having problems with my order with this company, she stepped in and helped me get my products, I found out...

View more questions Search