Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mslupus Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2012, 06:50 PM
    12 panel urine screen
    If I take ms contin on a regular basis for pain management and I take an oxycontin on Saturday night, will it show up the same on Monday afternoon in my urine screen. It's a 12 panel test my PM dr does.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2012, 07:42 PM
    That is an interesting question and probably depends on the test. MS Contin is a pure opiate so tests as morphine (which it is). Oxycodone contains only a minute amount of natural opiate undetectable on a standard opiate screen and is otherwise synthetic. Oxycodone can be detected by the presence of the metabolite oxymorphone (not a metabolite of morphine) only if they use that panel. If they are simply using a lower sensitivity setting for morphine (another alternative) then the two would be indistinguishable.

So the two can show up separately or not. Probably PM physicians use the Oxycodone panel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

THC in urine screen [ 8 Answers ]

I hadn't smoked weed in almost a year, and ended up taking about 5 hits from a neighbor's joint recently. It was low-grade weed. I work out almost every day, about 135lbs, female, and 5'5" with a high metabolism. I am very healthy and drink only water, occasionally coffee. I ended up applying for a...

Urine screen [ 1 Answers ]

I drank 3 ounces of vodka on Monday 6:00PM. I was tested Tuesday 7;00 AM. I am a female weigh 130 pounds and I am 5ft7in. Do you think I wIll pass or fail This test. Urine in a cup. Thank you for any advice you can give me.

Methadone and 8 panel drug urine screen [ 1 Answers ]

Do any 8 panel urine screens test for methadone?

Will Trazadone show as Tricylic antidepressant on 12 panel urine screen? [ 1 Answers ]

I am in pain management for shoulder reconstruction x 3 with auto transplant. I am prescribed Celexa for depression and Ambien for sleep. I went out of town to visit my Mother for a week or so and forgot to take my Celexa, Ambien, Hormone, all my vitamins etc. I have severe insomnia at times. ...

Urine drug screen test [ 4 Answers ]

I have to take a urine drug screen test, however I do have a prescription for the Lortab5mg I had a horrible migrane and the Dr gave me this medication. I was wondering if I took one on Friday and I have the screening on Monday will it show up?:confused:

View more questions Search