Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pupunjash Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2012, 04:44 AM
    221g green slip for j2 visa
    Hi I appeared for a J2 visa interview on 27th July 2012 at the US embassy in Seoul,South korea.My husband is already in the US with a J1 visa since April 2012. As my PhD defense was due on May 2012, I did not move with him and applied separately and am planning to move in Aug. However, the VO retained my passport, gave me a green 221g form and asked a couple of documents by email. To note that my husband also went through 221g AP during his application time. I wonder if I am applying as his dependents with no intention to work in the US during my stay why am I being subjected to 221g? They have asked for sponsor letter from US... isn't the DS-2019 form issued by the university confirming sponsorship? I am very worried, please can u tell me how long this process will take?My student visa in south korea will expire in Aug and hence very very worried.Thanks in advance.
    rwz2680 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2012, 10:57 AM
    Hey, same case with me. I completed my Ph.D. from Germany and wanted to move to US on a dependent Visa(H4). My husband is already there on H1B. I really do not understand why they had given a 221g green slip to me and asked for additional documents.
    Could you please be so kind to update me about your case. In how many days after document submission you got clearance and received your stamped passport.

Help is highly appriciated.

Thanks a lot

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are children, of an F1 VISA holder, over 18 eligible for Green Card if F1 VISA holder [ 0 Answers ]

Are children, of an F1 VISA holder, over 18 eligible for Green Card if F1 VISA holder marries a U.S. Citizen? My girlfriend has an F1 VISA, her children have F2 VISA's. Oldest child is 20 and in College, 2nd child is 18 and in High School. If my GF and I marry I understand she can receive her...

Can I travel on B1/B2 , when F2 visa is pending on 221g [ 0 Answers ]

I had been for Student dependent visa interview on 20th April F2 , they asked me to provide additional documentation through drop box. If I drop my passport with the required documents , they say it may take 3 to 4 weeks of processing time. But my husband convacation is on May7th , Since I...

Reverse 221g at Consulate, before Appealing with USCIS? [ 4 Answers ]

I filed an I-129F Petition for Fiance(e) Visa early last year. Everything was going smoothly while it was the USCIS. The petition was approved and forwarded to the US Consulate of New Delhi. That's when the trouble started. They took a very long time sending the Packet 3 notice to my fiancée,...

Transfer while being stuck with 221g [ 2 Answers ]

A little background : I completed my Masters ( Computer Science)from a Tire 1 University in Dec 2007 and Started working with my present employer in Aug 2008,I came back to India in Feb 2009 for vacations .During my stay in US I was always paid on time and have all the paystubs. I went for my...

View more questions Search