Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hannah f Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2012, 08:02 PM
    Should I stop fighting for him?
    Me and my ex were together for 2 and a half years, we broke up about a year ago. Over the past year we kept bumping into each other at school and we started becoming friends. A couple months ago we started seeing each other all the time and planned to meet up. We both told each other not to fall back in love with each other and we agreed not to. But I did fall back in love with him and I told him that I love him a couple days ago.

He said he had a feeling I did and he said that we needed to stop talking. I broke his heart last year when we broke up and I made a huge mistake losing him. I want him back, I can't stop thinking about him. We both have feelings for each other but he doesn't love me. He says he misses me a lot and misses being in a relationship with me. I know I should have fought for him right away but I didn't and I regret it. But now I am going to fight for his love again but he says it's going to be really hard to win his heart back and it's going to take a long time. He's my best friend and he won't talk to me if he knows I'm going to be fighting for him. He says you can't continue to talk to me everyday if I want him back.

I need to learn how to stand for myself with out him. I want to fight for him but I'm worried that the ending won't be what I want. I'm worried he still won't take me back. My friends say to stop and just get over him and move on. I'm so confused. All I want to do is text and email him but if I do he will take that as a sign that I don't love him and that I don't want to fight for his heart. He says if I do stop fighting for him then he will be friends with me again but if I'm fighting for him then we cant.

Should I keep fighting for his heart or should I stop and just be friends with him again?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 27, 2012, 08:54 PM
    You can never be a good friend to some one you want love from. You are only fooling yourself as you did when you both agreed not to fall in love again.

No, I think you cut him loose altogether and move on as your friends are telling you.
    hannah f Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2012, 07:31 PM
    I feel like he is testing me out. When we broke up last year I called him to get him back and he told me I had a slim chance to get him back but I didn't think of it as in he really would. When we started talking again this year he asked me "why didnt you try getting me back?" I said, "you didnt want me, I kept asking you and you kept giving me mixed answers." then he said "I was testing you out, I wanted to see if you would fight for me. I gave you hints that I wanted you back but you didnt listen." And that's when I realized he did. I went back and read all the emails we sent to each other and he wrote one but I was confused when reading it the first time but after he told me that he gave me hints I finally realized that he did want me fighting for him even though he kept saying its going to be hard to get him back. That's what making me hold on and keep fighting because I feel like he's doing the same thing this time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to stop your dog from fighting at feeding time. [ 4 Answers ]

I have an older lab, she about 12 year old, and I have a younger not quite a year old dog that's mixed Shepard and pit. The younger dog would put both feet in the food dish when I fed them as if to say, no one eat until I eat. I started feeding them in separate bowls to stop the competition over...

Do I need to stop or continue fighting for my love? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 35 year old boyfriend and I'm still 24. Our relationship lasted for 2 years and 3 months but within that span, I can say that we were together for only a month. We didn't see each other for 2 years. He left our country for work before I did but during the time we were together, we were...

My fianc? And I can't stop fighting. Now he has cold feet. [ 4 Answers ]

This is such a long story, so I'll try to condense it as much as I can. We have been together for almost 4 years, and it's been a Long Distance Relationship the entire time we've been together (he lives 150mi away--a 3 hour drive)since I've gone to college--I'm about to graduate within the...

Two dogs fighting, how do I make them stop? [ 1 Answers ]

I have two yorkies... one four year old that I've had since a puppy, the other I took in after my niece found it and couldn't find the owner, she is 3 years old (so the vet says)she came in heat about a month after I got her so we had her fixed, the older dog was fixed at around six months... ever...

How do you stop the fighting? [ 11 Answers ]

I’m a single mother of two boys, 10 and 9. I was separated from my ex for three years; the divorce was just made final at the beginning of the year. It was nasty and hard on the three of us but we got through it. Their father has not been around—he has only seen them a handful of times in the...

View more questions Search