Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Claire42281 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2012, 10:04 AM
    Olympics
    Everyone on twitter keeps saying how many hours until the Olympics start, but soccer already started.. why?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 27, 2012, 10:07 AM
    As well as the Archery prelims.

The Official Opening ceremony is at 9pm GMT
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2012, 10:19 AM
    Curley Ben answered your question. The opening ceremony is the official kick off.
    I've read all types of rumors about who will light the torch ;and what bands/musicians will perform.

I also want to give kudos to Bob Costas for his gutsy call to defy the IOC ,and give tribute by a moment of silence for the fallen Israeli athletes ,who were murdered at the games 40 years ago in Munich.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 27, 2012, 11:52 AM
    Some team tournaments take longer than the two weeks allotted to the games. So they have to start earlier with preliminary rounds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Olympics [ 11 Answers ]

Congrats to the Canadian hockey team. I really did not watch much of the olympics and I am not a big hockey fan, but even though I'm an American, I am glad that the Canadians are happy with the result. :) G&P

Beijing olympics [ 1 Answers ]

when will milorad cavic be swimming net in the beijing summer olympics in 2008 after the 16th of august 2008?:confused: :confused: ;) :D

Beijing Olympics [ 8 Answers ]

Hello: I don't know about you, but I was blown away by the opening ceremony last night. I'm a technical dude too, but they did stuff waaaaay beyond my paygrade. You? excon

Re broadcast of the olympics? [ 1 Answers ]

Egads! I have no VCR, DVR, nothing! I have to run out tonight, and will miss the opening ceremonies. Is there a rebroadcast of it on the internet, tidal TV, or something? I'd really like to see it, thanks!

Olympics won [ 1 Answers ]

Which country won olympics 2006

View more questions Search