Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    James1969 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Jul 27, 2012, 09:45 AM
    Is this a relationship?
    This is about a very unusual kind of relationship between a single woman of 2 kids and a separated man of one kid belonging to two different countries knowing quite well about each other's status and background.

This has been going on for almost past 3 years entirely based on email communications and telephonic talks. They have never met each other physically though initially there was a very clear understanding about meeting once/twice a year at least. Now the woman is suddenly found to be avoiding some important questions with a plea either she is too busy or stressed. The frequency of communication has gone down. The man keeps writing mails that remain unanswered for almost a week or so these days.

She avoids taking even the phone calls stating that she is busy. No clear answer to any of the questions of the man leads to confusions.

The man here is a good friend of mine.

What do you guess?Is this real or fun?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2012, 07:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by James1969 View Post
    This is about a very unusual kind of relationship between a single woman of 2 kids and a separated man of one kid belonging to two different countries knowing quite well about each other's status and background.
    This has been going on for almost past 3years entirely based on email communications and telephonic talks.They have never met each other physically though initially there was a very clear understanding about meeting once/twice a year at least.Now the woman is suddenly found to be avoiding some important questions with a plea either she is too busy or stressed.The frequency of communication has gone down.The man keeps writing mails that remain unanswered for almost a week or so these days.She avoids taking even the phone calls stating that she is busy.No clear answer to any of the questions of the man leads to confusions.

The man here is a good friend of mine.

What do you guess?Is this real or fun?

What do I think? I don't think this is about your friend. I think this is about you.

You are a married man in India with a child by an American. You are worried about whether email correspondence can be used as "evidence" in the US. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/family...a-622029.html; https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...ns-687448.html

I have no idea what you've got going on. Why don't you explain it?

The woman on the other end of the phone (or email), in this case, wants out. She doesn't owe you an explanation.

Aug 3, 2012, 08:13 AM
    I know I am not here for a chat session.
    I think you are right.The woman doesn't owe an explanation.Thank you!
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Aug 3, 2012, 02:47 PM
    Perhaps you weren't fulfilling her needs accordingly.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2012, 03:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma1999 View Post
    Perhaps you weren't fulfilling her needs accordingly.

On the floor! Oh, classic. 10 points out of 10. (This is your best. Half the World has no idea why I'm so amused. Too funny!)
    Mahshid84 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2012, 01:22 AM
    Long distance relationships never work out. Maybe she found someone. Don't fool yourself, we need someone to be around, have sex, and... How could you even call it a relationship?
    f010244 Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Aug 4, 2012, 01:25 AM
    She clearly found someone else, but does not have the guts to tell the other guy about it. Long distance relationship are hard.

I would say with a lot of confidence that this is no longer a relationship.

If it was, she would be dying to read his email and answer his calls.

Aug 5, 2012, 09:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahshid84 View Post
    Long distance relationships never work out. Maybe she found someone. Don't fool yourself, we need someone to be around, have sex, and ... How could you even call it a relationship?
    I appreciate your response that sounds realistic.Thanks.

Aug 5, 2012, 09:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by f010244 View Post
    She clearly found someone else, but does not have the guts to tell the other guy about it. Long distance relationship are hard.

I would say with a lot of confidence that this is no longer a relationship.

If it was, she would be dying to read his email and answer his calls.
    That's what I was guessing.I find your suggestion quite helpful.Thanks for your kind response.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I end my bad relationship and wait for my ex girlfriend and see how her relationship goes? [ 26 Answers ]

Well I and my now ex girlfriend were in a long distance relationship, and she had told me a little after we were dating she was a cheater. But I didn't give much thought about it. A little while later she tells me she cheated on me and had sex with a guy. Even though she did hurt me, I still wanted...

What is the difference between a working relationship and a personal relationship? [ 2 Answers ]

What is th difference between a working relationship and a personal relationship?

Non sexual relationship dating and relationship manipulation [ 15 Answers ]

I am in a relationship with a guy that I believe to be a really good guy, he is 16 yrs my senior( I'm 23). He has been married once and has 3 kids from that marriage, he says he has never been in a non-sexual relationship and neither have I ,but I am starting to become more active in my church and...

Relationship problems in 2nd week of relationship [ 5 Answers ]

I'm hoping I can get some meaningful advice on my situation. If not, I really don't know what to do. The whole summer, a girl I work with had been trying to hook me up with this friend of hers who was interested in me. I saw a picture of her, and she was cute.. But everyone is cute, so if I...

After a 4 year relationship I got tired of my relationship and broke up! What to do? [ 2 Answers ]

I’m a gay guy (36 yo) and I dated for 4 years this BI guy(40 yo), at the beginning it was a bit hard for me, I’m very comfortable with being gay! Came out 8 years ago, any way, at the beginning of the relationship I had to pretend in front of his friends that we were just friends, some times after...

View more questions Search