Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lpenek Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2012, 08:25 AM
    Water is accumulating at the bottom of the frig
    We have a 16 year old Kenmore refrigrator that is accumulating water in the bottom of the refrigeration section. I hate to spend money to get Sears repair to come- anything we can try? Or time to buy a new one? Lynne
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2012, 01:28 PM
    At 16 years old, it might not be worth just the diagnostic fee to have it fixed. If you can, please provide the model number for us to assist you further.

You could also check the evaporator drain line for a blockage.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2012, 09:12 AM
    All it is is a stopped up drain line. You did not say if it was a side by side or top freezer model. All you do is pull out from wall and remove front kick plate and rear cover (unplug first). Then remove cover to evaporator coils in freezer. You will see a drain pan with a hole for water to drain out. Take a water hose or a piece of tubing and blow out the line. Pour water down drain to make sure it is draining. Then spray down coils and fan blades under unit with spray cleaner/degreaser and wash out with water from hose nozzle. Slide out drain pan and clean it out. If rear cover has vent holes in it make sure to clean them out, too. Oil both fan motors with an oiler with plastic spout like they sell at HVAC supply houses and appliance parts stores ($2.00). Replace cover on rear and recheck drain before re-assembling. You now have a like-new refrigerator that is 50% more efficient than the new ones with R-134a freon in them. If you keep the coils clean and oil the fan motors it will last 50 years or more. Here are some manuals: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8010163/Whi...rigerators.zip

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water leaking from dispenser on frig door [ 1 Answers ]

I have a frigidaire side by side with ice and water dispenser. I changed the water filter but now the water won't come out at all. There is a line of yellow looking stull running down the front of the frig. Pat

Water is accumulating at the bottom of the fruit and vegtalbe bins [ 0 Answers ]

Water has started accumulating under the fruit and vegatable bins in my Mayatag MDL2156DL top r=freezer refrigerator

Kenmore Refrig with water accumulating under crispers [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find out where the water is coming from that is accumulating under the crispers. Is there a line stopped up somewhere?

GE frig HSS25GFPJWW water disp [ 3 Answers ]

I have a GE Hotpoint Side by Side with Ice and Water in the door. Last night my water stopped working. I have since changed the filter to see if that was the problem, no luck, still no water. Anyone know of anything else I can check?!

Whirlpool frig draining water from top inside of frig [ 1 Answers ]

Have a (freezer top) whirlpool frig.. draining water on the inside of the frig from the top of the "bottom" part of the frig. Drainpan is bone dry, so I suspect drain line is frozen. Also... frig makes a lot of noise, and vibrates every couple of hours or so... related problem? How do I thaw...

View more questions Search