Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keosha1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2012, 02:14 AM
    My boyfriend is on felony probation and probation officer violated
    He violated him because he couldn't track him we recently moved but during the arrest it was 3 sheriffs that searched him in my front yard and watch them as they searched him and didn't find any drugs on him but once they got to the jail and searched him again they all of a sudden found cocaine on him and charged him with possession of cocaine which I know that he didn't have anything on him what's going to happen will he end up going to prison for that somebody please help me and tell me what you think?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 27, 2012, 04:55 AM
    I would guess he will go to prison.
    I would guess that he had the coke hidden somewhere not easily found when he was searched in your yard. I don't see how you could possibly know that he didn't have anything on him. Somehow violating probation is just not my idea of something they plant drugs on someone over, but I suppose you never know.
    'Couldn't track him?' He should have told his PO he moved. The courts will show no sympathy.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 27, 2012, 05:01 AM
    Apparently the sheriff deputies exhibited some common decency by not conducting a strip-search, including search of body cavities on your front lawn.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 27, 2012, 05:44 AM
    First he violated, by not telling his PO where he was going to be. This is requried, so boyfriend is the one who caused this to happen.
    His PO merely did the paperwork to have him brought in. Had he not had the drugs, most likely a slap on the wrist and he would have been back on probation. ( unless he has other issues before)

The drugs, the pat down search in the yard is for weapons, they most likely ask if he has anything on him and he said no. or they would have gotten it there.

At the jail, they strip him down and go though his clothese very carefully, something that is not done I the yard, Plus as noted, they look and check in all of the body cavities for anything hidden there also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can I expect if I violated probation but it turned into a felony [ 1 Answers ]

The lawyer I had told me not to go to jail and turn myself in because I had a warrant out for my arrest. He told me to go in on my scheduled court day which I did. When I went to court the judge allow me to pass and I walked out of the court room but I had to sign up for state probation then even...

If violated on Felony Probation with a DUI... Help. [ 2 Answers ]

Can my probation officer give me a court date for the Violation Hearing or do I HAVE to be arrested? Felony Probation for Burglary. I can drink under the terms of my probation. I left the club and sat in the drivers seat with the keys in the center console while I tried to call friends to come...

My ex probation officer saw me with a beer, my new PO said I violated. What's next? [ 7 Answers ]

Original charge was DUI, 2 yrs probation. All fines and conditions are completed. Have 3 months left on probation

Violated by not going to see probation officer what is the max time allowed? [ 2 Answers ]

She was on probation for burglary in 3 degree and burglary tools. Her car was the tool that was used for burglary. Her probation states that if she pays off the resttuion she can get off probation. But 8 cops came and got her today at home, so I wanted to know how much time she could get?

I'm on felony probation and I'm about to get violated for nothing [ 2 Answers ]

I'm on felony probation(isp) they are violating me for hanging out with my co-defendent who at the time wasn't on probation yet she was placed at the house of the good sheperd, not notifing them with my change of address when I was kicked out of my mothers house Friday at 12am and I didn't get a...

View more questions Search