Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    darkshadow72 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2012, 11:23 PM
    Should I break up with my girlfriend?
    Me and my girlfriend have been dating for 4 months. We're a far distanced relationship, I'm from the US and she's lives out of the US. I truly love her and she truly loves me, but sometimes I don't feel loved. I've put a lot of trust into her by started dating her even though there's probably a high chance that we'll never meet, but we like so much of the same stuff.

But here's why I'm asking the question:
    When we first started dating, her ex she recently broke up with was really jealous. But she told me she wasn't going to talk to him anymore, so I trusted her. But I found out that she was talking to him. I asked why she was, she told me that he kept sending her messages. To me that was a sign that he still had power over her. But she promised not to do it again. But then she does it again. She promises and swears like three times over and over that she wasn't, but then she does it. I didn't like it 'cause he kept trying to push her away from me. She finally stops talking to him. But during our whole relationship she breaks almost all of her promises. And during our relationship, she has talked to these guys that tries to break us up cause they're in love with her. I told her to stop talking with them but she tells me she doesn't want to make enemies. I decided to let her talk to them. I don't know if she talks to her anymore.
    She's really shy, and she's shy with me a lot and she isn't so mushy. She tells me she loves me, I'm special, etc. But she never to hardly say that she needs me, I'm her world, she doesn't know what she would do without me, you know, the deep stuff. She draws me pictures of us, but... Idk, maybe I want something a little bit more.
    I have depression, and half the time I'm depressed. She used to be so supportive, but as time went on, she got less supportive to the point where she gets down and sometimes get an attitude when I'm down, which leads to me cheering her up while I'm secretly still down.
    I don't know what to do, I love her, but I don't know if she'll express her love more or not. We've gotten into fights, and even broke up once because I couldn't take all the guys trying to get her. But I got back with her the next day 'cause I missed her a lot.
    That's some of the problems, here's all the problems: We fight over stuff, she talks to people in love with her, she lies to me (small stuff), break promises and swears, stopped talking through Skype, falls asleep on me, shy, mostly only expresses her love in the pics she draws, never asks me for anything, stopped being mushy when I'm down, still has pics of her and her ex together in a special folder and we don't have a special folder of us, she was more loving with her ex and not me, when I'm down all she says is "I'm sorry" and "cheer up"... There's probably more but I can't think of anymore.

Please help me out...
    Imabadman Posts: 303, Reputation: 135

Jul 27, 2012, 06:13 AM
    Sorry friend. If you look at her actions I think you have already answered your question. She's not into you, at least not fully. Sounds like she's hoping on her EX and you're the rebound.

My suggestion, back off and quit chasing her. Let her initiate contact from now on. Be friendly but not the puppy dog humping her leg as you have been. Her interest level in you is low so don't wait around for her either... she'll either step up or step off. Go meet other women, nothing interests a girl more than a man with options. ;-}
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jul 27, 2012, 06:52 AM
    All of this in a four month period? How old are both of you?

Since this a long distance relationship, how did you meet and how do you know so much about her life? Is she telling you or are you getting it from other people or are you going through her things?

Are you getting help for your depression?

I think you may be causing a lot of your own insecurity because I don't think you are ready for a relationship much less one that is long distance.

Frankly, I think you may be expecting too much out of a very young relationship. She says she loves you but that isn't enough. You think she should want you to be her only reason for existing?

But she never to hardly say that she needs me, I'm her world, she doesn't know what she would do without me, you know, the deep stuff. She draws me pictures of us, but... Idk, maybe I want something a little bit more.
    She has folder of pictures of her ex and herself. She doesn't have any pictures of the two of you together. You haven't met in real life. You say you don't know if you ever will and you expect her life to revolve around you and your needs when you haven't even been 'dating' for four months?

Because I can see a theme of your insecurity running through your post, I am having a very difficult time making her the 'bad person' who is playing you.

I highly suggest you let her go to do whatever she wants and you work on getting your life together and getting yourself more stable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend needs a break, wants to be my girlfriend again, but feels she can't. [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, A month ago I found out my GF lied to me about a picture she sent me around the time we started talking online, almost 2 years ago. Since then we started dating in the real world and the picture never came up again. Until I found out through a friend she wasn't the girl in the picture. ...

Girlfriend Wants A Break Help? [ 4 Answers ]

I met my girlfriend a month ago, but recently she told me she wants a "break", because we don't see each other very often. It's hard, because she's in basketball and debate. But she told me she wants to get back together with me, because I've been the best boyfriend she's ever had. She told me we...

My girlfriend wants a break. [ 11 Answers ]

I know this is a common problem: my girlfriend wants a break. We've been dating for almost two years and she has always told that I am the best thing that has ever happened to her. Which is why this situation is so confusing. And you need to know that this is the longest relationship either one...

Girlfriend of year and half wants a break/break up [ 14 Answers ]

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting hopefully you guys can help me out here. I have been with the same girl for on off about 3 years now. The most recent time we have been going out has been a year and a half and now all of a sudden she wants a break/breakup. I guess I kind of saw...

Girlfriend Wants Break! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I've recently been reviewing all the postings about breaking up and stuff and I feel that they were helpful except I have a little bit different of a situation. 2 weeks ago I sensed that something wasn't right in our relationship and my g-friend seemed to loose interest in me. She has...

View more questions Search