Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    11Sunset Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2012, 03:31 PM
    harbor breeze remote dip switches
    howdy,
    I wish to install a Harbor Breeze Springfield II ceiling fan using a wall mounted switch. The instructions say not to use a continuous variable switch. I purchased a Lutron fan control which has an on/off switch and a slider to vary the fan speed. I don't want to try to use this switch for fear of messing up the fan control. We have two other ceiling fans that are controlled by a five way wall switch (off, low, med, high, higher). Where may I purchase a similar switch? Is the switch I purchased OK to use. Thanks, Gerald Fox
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2012, 05:07 PM
    Gerald,

If your fan control is like mine, the slider switch is not continuously variable, but has 3 distinct positions. I'm sure it came from Lowe's or Home Depot.

I think this would satisfy the requirements of the fan.

Best of luck,
    WallyH

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor Breeze Avian fan and default dip switch settings [ 0 Answers ]

Does the Harbor Breeze Avian fan come with default dip switch setting? I accidentally changed mine and now I have to always have the fan on with the light. I'd like to reset it to the proper dip switch settings. Thanks! Gloria

How to set harbor breeze ceiling fan remote what does the on and dip mean? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a harbor breeze fan with remote and it says it has 16 different settings and I am trying to figure out what the on and dip means in the remote and in the receiver.

Change dip settings in Harbor Breeze remote [ 2 Answers ]

I think I accidentally changed the dip settings in my Harbor Breeze remote when I changed the battery. How do I find the correct dip settings? Preferably without opening up the ceiling fan itself. Thank you!

Harbor Breeze dip switch setting [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to set the dipswitches on a Harbor Breeze remote?

Remote dip switches [ 1 Answers ]

I have lost my remote for a hampton fan. I have a remote for another hampton fan. I am trying to get the remote working with the other fan. I have all 4 dip switches the same for remote and the sensor. They are both Hampton bay products. Unfortunaltly it is not working. Some minor...

View more questions Search