Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LMBx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2012, 02:41 PM
    Hair colour remover - non permanent hair dye.
    I recently dyed my hair with black non-permanent hair dye. My hair was originally dark brown. The bottle said it would wash out in 24 shampoos, but I'm impatient! Would hair colour remover take me back to my original hair colour? Worried my hair will go orange or need re-dyed.
    HELP!
    Savanitta Posts: 88, Reputation: 7

Jul 26, 2012, 03:01 PM
    Hair color remover will not take you back to your original color, you have to expect a strong discoloration, orange reddish is a natural stage of discoloration, you will have to redye you hair.
    If you decide to wait 4 to 6 weeks you can dye your hair normally, the black will fade away.
    To accelerate the process apply warm oil for 20 mn on your hair and cover it with a plastic cap, you can use olive oil or VO5... then wash your hair with a clarifying shampoo or a medicated shampoo this will fade away the color deposit . You can do this once a week for 4 weeks You are very lucky that you used a semi permanent color. Moisturize well your hair after shampooing.
    Hope this will help .
    hannahmarie02 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2013, 08:43 AM
    Hey this might not answer your question but I used a stripper it hasn't got rid of the color and now my hair stinks don't advice using it how do u get rid of the smell:(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What colour would roots of the hair show after black hair dye fade out? [ 8 Answers ]

I have dark brown hair and dyed my hair black a day before. Am just been crying for hours and have already washed my hair several times. WOuld someone please advise as I donot want to use the daye again and am worried as to what colour would the tips of the hair would grow? Would it turn gray or......

Can I use a medium brown permanent hair dye over adark brown permanent hair dye? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I really need some advice about 3 weeks ago I dyed my hair dark brown permanent, my hair colour is naturally dark brown but now my hair is black and really making me look very hard and pale. Am I able to buy a permanent medium brown hair dye to lighten it up? I have read your site and see...

After applying permanent hair colour how long do I wait to re dye it? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I have dyed my hair with a permanent hair dye but I don't like the colour it is to orange can I colour it with a semi permanent hair dye and how long do I have to wait before I could use the hair dye

Hair dying and permanent hair colour remover [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have dyed my hair since I was 11 and I'm 24 now. My hair was dark brown (dyed) and I decided I wanted a bright red for a change, so last night I bought the live color xxl, hypnotic red hair dye and coloured my hair. Unfortunately though my roots were showing and I've ended up with bright...

View more questions Search