Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scuperfield Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2012, 09:24 AM
    I need help to determine the accounting year begin/end dates for a No Tax Due report.
    Hi,

I need help to determine the accounting year begin/end dates for a No Tax Due report. The non profit was started 11/08/2010. IRS requires the annual franchise report for 2011. I cannot figure out the dates of the accounting year. 5 forms have been rejected already. The rule says - one year from the opening of the organisation, so, it makes 11/08/2010-11/08/11, this was also rejected as a wrong one. Could somebody, please, tell me the exact dates to fill out the form, it would be greatly appreciated.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jul 26, 2012, 10:47 AM
    Unfortunately, I cannot help you. Tax work for non-profits is a specialized niche of the tax industry.

Contact the National Association of Tax Professions (www.natptax.com) and ask for a listing of tax pros in your area who specialize in this area of taxation.
    MLSNC Posts: 158, Reputation: 17

Jul 26, 2012, 03:18 PM
    Off the top of my head I do not know of a "franchise" return that has to be filed with the IRS. There is the Form 990 and other various forms. Are you trying to file this with a state?

The IRS will allow you to use any year that does not exceed one year from the date it was organized for the first return. So for your organization the latest you could end your year would be 10/31/11 (or any month prior to that time). Your year-end would have to be the end of a calendar month so using a year of 11/8/11 would not work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to determine total liabilities at the end of the year in accounting [ 2 Answers ]

Total assets $120,00, Stockholdedrs' equity is $40,000, during the year income earned is $90,000, and paid $20,000 in dividends. Total assets at the end of the year were $215,000. What was the total liabilities at the end of the year?

How do credit agencies report when a tax warrant is vacated due to [ 1 Answers ]

I have had a tax warrant filed against my company by NYS Tax dept. in error. They agree, and have since filed a Stipulation to Vacate Tax Warrant. The warrant appears on my personal credit report even though the tax was a corporation liability. (I am sole stockholder) This has seriously negatively...

What year do I report a fiscal year k-1 on 1040 tax return? [ 1 Answers ]

Have a K-1 from partnership with fiscal year ending in 2009.The k-1 is from a 2008 partnership reurn.Do I report the K-1 on individuals 2008 or 2009 return?

Do doctors make mistakes about conception dates and due dates? [ 3 Answers ]

I don't understand, can doctors be wrong about conception dates and due dates?

Accounting year end [ 2 Answers ]

Does a company have any advantages to choosing a fiscal year end of June 30 rather than a calendar year-end?

View more questions Search