Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zoctoberskyz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2012, 09:55 PM
    I suffer from severe social anxiety.
    I been looking for free online help for quite some time since I can't afford real treatment so I hope someone here can help me so I am giving it a try.
    I suffer from SAD and have for a very long time. It is so severe that I was home schooled my senior year, I have no friends, and am unemployed at 20 years old. I don't know what to do anymore. I am so lost. I hate my life. I don't see the point of living anymore. I feel like a moocher for still living with my parents and having no job at 20 years old. They want me to get out there and get a job but it is so hard for me because I can't handle being in public and around people I don't know and I always come off to strangers as being weird and not all there in the head because of how I react when I am in a stressful environment. Sometimes it has gotten so bad where I have panic attacks. I cry every night because of how I let myself get. I need to get a job. I want to get a job but no one is going to want to hire someone like me and if they do I will probably get fired because of how I react when I am in stressful situations. I tend to go blank and forget how to do the simplest things. I can't even go to work at a store because I'll just up and forget how to even count money because I'm so scared I'm going to mess up. I freak out way too much and I can't help it. I also can't handle a job that involves costumers because I will totally make a fool of myself and not know what to say or how to act and I'm speaking from experience. My family doesn't understand me. They just treat me like I am weird, that this is something I just need to get over like I am this way by choice. They don't even try to understand. I can't even begin to explain how many times I've tried to communicate with them and they just treat me like if you just get out there and do it and get over your shyness you will be fine. But it is much more than that. Please anyone give me some advice or something. I feel like my life has no meaning and I wish to die everyday. To be honest I would have done committed suicide if it wasn't for my fear of hell and the emotional and financial pain it would cause my family. Someone, Anyone please help me. I'm breaking apart.
    leigh27 Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Jul 25, 2012, 11:56 PM
    First of all, if you EVER get to a place that you seriously consider or plan to harm yourself, call a suicide hotline. Every life is precious, & that includes you. You are only 20; the biggest lie you could believe now is that your life has no meaning or that you don't have anything to offer this world. You have untapped gifts & talents & your fears are getting in the way of who you really are.

Have you looked into the MHMR facility in your area? If you qualify, you could be evaluated & possibly treated; they have counselors as well. If that isn't an option, then ask your family dr. for help. Don't just blow off these suggestions - DO something. Seek health, or choose to stay miserable (& I don't think that's what you want!)

Go to your local library or bookstore & find books that deal with these very issues; there's plenty of them out there. If there's a Celebrate Recovery group in your area, it's a great resource & you will find good, loving people there that have hurts, hang-ups, & habits just like all the rest of us. I am praying for you to start on a healthy path; God bless you :)
    zoctoberskyz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2012, 12:07 PM
    Thank you for your advice. It means a lot to me that someone actually took the time out of their day to help me. I talked to my mom about it just today and she is letting me go to the doctor first thing. I'm finally taking the first step. Hopefully I will have a better life in no time. Thank you for your help. :)
    leigh27 Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Jul 26, 2012, 08:44 PM
    This just made my day! I am so thankful & will continue to lift you in prayer. Blessings :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Severe anxiety need immediate help [ 3 Answers ]

I have had severe anxiety since I was about 6-7 years old and it only continues to get worse I need help immediately I can't live like this anymore and the smallest things trigger an attack. Today I made food then my parents entered the room so I waited for them to live but they wouldn't I'm not...

Social Anxiety? [ 1 Answers ]

I've been wondering for a while if I have social anxiety, I really need to get a job but I don't think I can deal with the people at a work place. I get really nervous and shy around everyone and can't stand talking to new people or even people I grew up with really. I have a weird feeling that...

Social anxiety [ 3 Answers ]

I suffer from social anxiety I hate going out by myself as I feel scared I don't no why I do I just do, when I walk past people in the street my breathing goes funny and I get so scared when I'm on the bus or on a course I get so scared in the room everyone looks at me funny. I've been diagnosed...

Severe depression and anxiety [ 7 Answers ]

I have severe depression and anxiety I refuse to take my medication. I have tried to commit suicide 3 time and has been hospitalized only 1 I cut and I just want it to end. I need help

Social Anxiety [ 4 Answers ]

For as long as I can remember I haven't been comfortable around other people. Its almost impossible for me to relax unless Im alone or with one or two other people that I know really well. Im a 17 and in high school, so pretty much around people all the time. I don't really talk to people at...

View more questions Search