Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janeey Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Jul 25, 2012, 11:49 AM
    HELP I need to get on Facebook!
    Ok, so I've tried everything. I started with windows internet explorer, when I went to go on Facebook it said that the cookies weren't enabled. Ive tried just about everything I've been on the internet options and all that but NOTHING works. I then tried to download Google chrome thinking a new browser would do the trick but every time I try and download it it says "unable to connect to the internet" even though I'm connected. Finally I downloaded Firefox, it worked! Wooo! or maybe not. Every time I type anything into the search box it says I'm not connected even though I can connect on IE, I've tried the proxy thing and firewall but nothing will work! Please what else can I do? Gosh I'm so unlucky, help please. :)
    DELL_deepa Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2012, 09:47 AM
    Hi Janeey,

My name is Deepa and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell. First of all, I want to check the version of Internet Explorer that you are using on your system.
    >Open Internet Explorer and then click on tools
    >click on About Internet Explorer
    It will show you the version (example IE9 or IE8)
    If your system has IE9, You can try one step to uninstall IE9 as there are some known issues with IE9. Following are the steps to uninstall the IE9:-
    >click on start button and type Programs and Features in the search box, and then click View installed updates in the left pane.
    >Under Uninstall an update, scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section
    >Right-click Windows Internet Explorer 9, click Uninstall, and then, when prompted, click Yes.
    >Restart your system

****Note****
    After you uninstall Internet Explorer 9, the previously installed version of Internet Explorer will be available on your PC. It isn't necessary to reinstall

I would also like to check what kind of an internet connection you have and when was the last time Internet Explorer was working fine for you. In order to help you better please let me know your system model.
    For further assistance please reply.

Thanks and Regards
    Dell_Deepa_R
    Dell Social Media Responder
    https://twitter.com/Dellcares
    http://www.facebook.com/Dell
    karengrimes94 Posts: 102, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2012, 05:28 AM
    Mentioned above nicely. Also check the Internet options in IE try once to restore defaults and then see if its working fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Facebook - yes or no? [ 32 Answers ]

So the big IPO of Facebook was yesterday, and trading starts on the NASDAQ today. I'm curious whether people are going to buy or not? At $38/share that puts the company's valuation at $104 Billion, or over 100 times earnings. Will FB be able to sustain such a high valuation? I predict that the...

Re changes on Facebook [ 3 Answers ]

1. If I defriend someone, will they know it? 2. If a group were formed so they can post to each other and You're not one of them, can you still get the posts. They Kept their name and profile on FB. How is that done? 3. Can anyone form a group?

Facebook? Or maybe not? [ 8 Answers ]

I am considering getting a Facebook. I once heard a story about someone who had a Facebook and (I don't remember all the details) but someone found her contact info and she was raped (I'm not sure if the story is even true). Is there anything I should consider before getting one? Is anyone able to...

Re Facebook [ 4 Answers ]

A friend put up some photos and I hate the one she put up of me. Can I keep it from Appearing on MY Facebook site?

View more questions Search