Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eastbayo3 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2012, 12:52 PM
    I took the rest on Monday and it's now been three days. Should I be more or less worried? How many days does this whole thing normally take?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2012, 01:01 PM
    Lab turnaround time is 48-72 hours. That's after the sample arrives.
    eastbayo3 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2012, 02:17 AM
    Passed my test and got the job offer a few days ago! Thanks, Dr. Bill for all your knowledge! Respect.
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2012, 08:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by eastbayo3 View Post
    Thank you, Dr. Bill. I appreciate your response and keeping me somewhat at ease. Although I am still very worried and freaked out, I'll keep my fingers crossed. Btw, what's the best body part to keep tested? Hair? Arm? Legs?

I'll keep you posted of if I pass or not.
    That is actually a two-part question. 1) Is THC likely to incorporate into body or head hair perferentially? Not likely. If the cumulative dose is sufficient to infuse into head hair it is likely to make it into all body hair. The vast majority of research deals with head hair however and the incorporation rate (ICR) into other sites is poorly elucidated.

Nonetheless, is it well established that THC only becomes detectable in hair after continued exposure.

Item 2 relates to detection time. Also poorly researched but relates to growth rate of hair in alternative sites. Unquestionably body hair (arm pit, legs, pubic) grow at slower and variable rates. That would mean that if THC reached the level of detection it would be detectable over a longer period in body hair than in head hair.

The only site that invariably tests higher (for all drugs) is pubic hair. The reason for this has yet to be explained.
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2012, 08:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by eastbayo3 View Post
    Passed my test and got the job offer a few days ago! Thanks, Dr. Bill for all your knowledge! Respect.
    Good luck on your new job.
    lupe23607 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2012, 07:55 PM
    I smoke 2 or 3 times in the last month will I pass a htc?
    drewbaby1414 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2012, 06:09 PM
    Hi Doc,

Recovering addict with 3 years clean until I relapsed on Nov. 3rd in a big way. My addiction has always been with pain pills but I tried Heroin on Nov 3rd because I'm an addict.

Here is the question: I did heroin on Nov 3rd. It was a half CC of I don't know. The guy who gave it to me told me it was a weak dose or what he would call half a hit. I also took three Loratab 10's on the 4th. I've been clean since then and have started hitting my NA meetings after 1 year of not going.

I have a possible hair follicle test coming on Nov. 28th in a child custody case. I know THC is not very detectable but I don't know if opiates/single use of heroin will show up on the test... I'm just an idiot.

I don't know... I've read bleaching your hair/re-dye will lower concentration levels but I just need some oppionion as to what you think my chances are... Being dumb like I am I guess I deserve what I get.
    mommag1663 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2013, 01:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    A hair test (HDT) is not going to detect that level of use. The time span is unimportant as is your metabolism. THC and COOH, the metabolites tested for, are simply not readily incorporated into hair. Require multiple and sustained use to show up in HDT.
    Dr Bill,
    Can you please advise.. I have just applied for a new job.. Great pay great benefits.. I had to take two drug screenings. One was urine and one was 5 panel expanded op hair test.

I have taken Vicodin and Percocet in the past three months. I think it was about 15 pills total. I have back issues from a car accident and had a really bad cold a friend told me to take Vicodin to help with cough. For my back I take them occasionally only one and at night. Not all the time just occasionally.
    I think the most I ever took at one time was one pill each night for three nights when I was really sick coughing and then nothing for up to a week. My father gave these to me thinking he was helping me I cannot afford to go the doctor with my current job. I don't make enough to make ends meet. He will be sick if I do not pass.
    I haven't taken any for the past two weeks. I was unaware that I would need to have a hair follicle test. I do not use cocaine or marijuana at all. I am really afraid I am not going to pass the hair follicle test and am sick to my stomach.

I did do the shampoo things listed on the internet regarding stripping the hair.. Not sure if that does any good. I used baking soda, vinegar, acne cleanser and tide.. I am surprised I even have hair left.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Question for DrBill--Infrequent User of Marijuana + Hair Drug Test [ 17 Answers ]

Hi DrBill, I know you've answered this question a couple of times before, but each situation is different, and like most people going in for a hair test, I'm getting slightly paranoid and nervous. I won't bore you with a long intro, so here's the gist of it: I am a very infrequent smoker. ...

Hair Follicle Testing for Infrequent User [ 12 Answers ]

I was given a hair follicle test on 2/10/2011. The most recent time I smoke was the evening of 1/31/2011. It was from a bowl of which I only took about 3 or 4 hits. Before this I had not smoked since Nov 27, 2010 where again I smoke from a bowl just taking 3 or 4 hits. Before this incident I...

Hair drug test - infrequent user - please help [ 14 Answers ]

Ok. I'm a very infrequent smoker. The last time I smoked was June 16th (4 hits off a blunt). The previous smoke before that was late Jan-early Feb. Now I have a hair test and urine test coming up soon. What are my chances of passing my hair test. I know I will pass my UA. I keep my hair very short....

Infrequent user of weed urine test [ 0 Answers ]

I smoked last Wednesday night and took a drug test six days later. On Friday of the week that I smoked I passed a take home drug test. In total it was six days between the time I smoked and the time I had to take my pre employment drug test. Am I going to pass the drug screen? I am an infrequent...

View more questions Search