Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Redcaspus Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2012, 09:41 AM
    Kidney stones
    I have had about 7 stones in the past.. wake up.horrible pain, er visit a few days later it's all over with. Now this one has been going on since sat. Started with excruciating pain Saturday and I knew what it was. I thought I would wait it out. I waited and waited all the while having to ask friends for pain meds to get me through the pain. After giving in and going to er it is now when and the pain is still in the same place! And their at er says I have 5 on one side and 7 on the other. I told him it felt like it is stuck and he said no its passing now. But it feel like it has been "passing" since sat. I've never had this take this long for the horrible pain to go. He said the biggest one is 5 mm I think mm. Anyway I'm home missing work, making my boss mad and I don't feel like its going anywhere!!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2012, 09:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcaspus View Post
    I have had about 7 stones in the past..wake up.horrible pain, er visit a few days later it's all over with. Now this one has been going on since sat. Started with excruciating pain Saturday and I knew what it was. I thought I would wait it out. I waited and waited all the while having to ask friends for pain meds to get me through the pain. After giving in and going to er it is now wen and the pain is still in the same place! And their at er says I have 5 on one side and 7 on the other. I told him it felt like it is stuck and he said no its passing now. But it feel like it has been "passing" since sat. I've never had this take this long for the horrible pain to go. He said the biggest one is 5 mm I think mm. Anyway I'm home missing work, making my boss mad and I don't feel like its going anywhere!!!!

I don't know if this is a rant or if you have a question.

Your first mistake was taking pain medication not prescribed for you. That's a crime in all directions.

If you are still in excrutiating pain you need to call your Physician or go back to the ER.

Was that the question?

Jul 25, 2012, 10:15 AM
    Well sorry I left the direct question out. Is the kidney stone stuck is what I want to know. It feels like it has been in the same place as Saturday. Sorry about taking other ppls meds but it had to be done , the pain I was in was intolerable. I know have my own pain meds with my name on them. I have been to er and prescribed meds and now I sit and wait but my cocearn is in the past they have passed in a few days, and this thing seems to be going nowhere. I don't have insurance to see a urologist. I am not sure going back to the er will help other than to control the pain. Unless my kidney explodes, which if feels like it may.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2012, 10:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcaspus View Post
    Well sorry I left the direct question out. Is the kidney stone stuck is what I want to know. It feels like it has been in the same place as Saturday. Sorry about taking other ppls meds but it had to be done , the pain I was in was intolerable. I know have my own pain meds with my name on them. I have been to er and prescribed meds and now I sit and wait but my cocearn is in the past they have passed in a few days, and this thing seems to be going nowhere. I don't have insurance to see a urologist. I am not sure going back to the er will help other than to control the pain. Unless my kidney explodes, which if feels like it may.

I can't imagine, particularly without insurance.

Are you on meds for pain OR to help dissolve the stones?

I don't think a Vet would like a dog suffer like this. What if you go back to the ER? I'm wondering if, yes, you could develop a tear or rupture when passing the stone.

I don't really know and can't find any reliable info.

Jul 25, 2012, 12:52 PM
    Just pain meds. I am debating because I am in pain even with the pain meds. Also very sick to my stomach. All I can do is lay down on a heating pad. The er dr made it sound as if there was nothing he could do and I must go to a urologist to get help. I'm not sure at what point I can say OK this has been long enough it's time to go back to er. No I must suffer because I no longer have insurance. I sit and wait for an " emergency" so I can be seen. I'm not sure it's emergent enough to be seen again and get any different help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kidney stones [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently passed a stone from my right kidney. CT scan only showed the one stone. How long will the pain last, and is it normal for both kidneys and groin area to be sore afterwardz

Kidney stones [ 8 Answers ]

Does passing a kidney stone hurt for women?

Kidney stones [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am a 56 year old male I have crohns disease and a permanent ileostomy since 2000 I have now been told I have a kidney stone and need to have surgery to remove it, cannot be blasted. What risks are involved with this operation is it life threatening, and what are the chances of catching...

Kidney stones [ 3 Answers ]

Are there any home remedies for dissolving or aiding in the passage of kidney stones, other than drinking lots of water? noboat

Kidney stones? [ 2 Answers ]

HI, Just hoping for help with problem my mom is having. She's been experiencing some weird symptoms lately, but her doctor won't give her an appt. for several weeks. But my mom is still worried about what is causing them. THe last week or so she has been having severe "charlie horse" cramps in...

View more questions Search