Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wturtle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2012, 05:21 PM
    Facebook - for work use
    Can an employer require you to use your personal Facebook account to amplify messages about the company? I don't think so but I am being told my our Social Media Manager that she will "walk me through the privacy tutorial" on Facebook when they decide to start using employee Facebook accounts to disseminate information. The fact is I am not using my FB account for work-related stuff. Period. I don't mind Twitter or LinkedIn. But not Facebook. Let me know your understanding about thgis topic.
    taxesforaliens Posts: 649, Reputation: 117

Jul 24, 2012, 06:52 PM
    I think it's not right.
    Anyway, how are they going to check if you do what they ask?
    Do you have to friend someone from the company as well?
    You could always customize your post so only the company related people would see the posts and you won't bother your friends with it.
    But again, I don't think the company should be able to force you to do it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Facebook - yes or no? [ 32 Answers ]

So the big IPO of Facebook was yesterday, and trading starts on the NASDAQ today. I'm curious whether people are going to buy or not? At $38/share that puts the company's valuation at $104 Billion, or over 100 times earnings. Will FB be able to sustain such a high valuation? I predict that the...

Will Facebook or twitter work for in organizing a family reunion? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm organizing a family reunion and would to know if opening a Facebook, twitter account is a good way of contacting and staying in touch with family members planning on attending the reunion? I have never used Facebook or twitter. Thanks

View more questions Search