Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    feistabarbie Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2007, 03:01 PM
    Arm Muscles
    This might sound stupid, but I need to strengthen my arm muscles.why?because I am tall and if I do make cheerleading I need them for spotting on stunts, plus for gymnastics.
    Any ways to strengthen besides lifting WEIGHTS and PUSHUPs would be great! :)
    nindzha Posts: 86, Reputation: 5

Mar 4, 2007, 03:32 PM
    I don't think so, u need to work with your arms if u want to make them stronger, its as simple as that
    rudi_in Posts: 251, Reputation: 45

Mar 4, 2007, 04:39 PM
    Thank you for posting your question to the Ask Me Help Desk.

There are lots of exercises that can help strengthen your arms.

1. Frisbee walks -- Using a tight flipped hollow, place the feet in a frisbee toes pointed. In this exercise, deviation of arm position is allowed. Use the arms to pull yourself forward. One lap on the floor is good. Now repeat this exercise going backward. One lap. (the frisbee is to prevent rug burn on the toes and for ease of slide)

2. With someone to help you by holding your legs... Handstand pushups and handstand shoulder shrugs. Also handstand walks against the wall are great. Best done in a gym where there is lots of room and nothing to fall on. Get into a handstand with stomach facing the wall and start walking sideways along the wall. Be sure to go both ways.

3. Chin ups

4. Pull ups

5. Lots of crab walking

6. Find someone who can perform skills alone and ask if you can spot them. (Make sure you know how to do the spot first) Since they already know how to do it, you won't have to worry about making a life saving spot but your arms can still get the workout.

Let me know if you have any questions about these.
    Good Luck!
    feistabarbie Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 05:47 PM
    Thanks rudi in, these will probably be funner than pushups!
    rudi_in Posts: 251, Reputation: 45

Mar 5, 2007, 06:25 PM
    You are welcome!

:)
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Mar 5, 2007, 08:07 PM
    If you want to really get in shape, lift weights and all those good things (but who wants to do those?)

But you should probably go with rudi in. Exercise for fun. What ever fits you best.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to exercise my PC muscles ? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 28 years male married for 6 years... I want to exercise my PC muscles but the problem I can not separate my PC muscles from my anus I tried Kegel but he same problem when I squeeze my PC I squeeze my anus... Are there any other exercises that I can use for this subject maybe in gym or in...

Muscles spasm trouble [ 24 Answers ]

Im not sure if this is the right place to put this. Can anyone tell me what I can do to stop muscle spasms? I don't want to spend any money on expensive prescriptions so if there is any alternative please let me know. I was not able to sleep with this muscle keeps clenching up and it hurts after...

Buit up body muscles problem [ 2 Answers ]

Good evening every one who saw this message.. I'm 18 now.. n I try to built up my muscles.. exspecially my chest . Is there anyway to buit it up withould going to gym just traning in home?

How to exercise my PC muscles ? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 28 years male married for 6 years... I want to exercise my PC muscles but the problem I can not separate my PC muscles from my anus I tried Kegel but he same problem when I squeeze my PC I squeeze my anus... Are there any other exercises that I can use for this subject maybe in gym or in...

View more questions Search