Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babychick2 Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2012, 02:29 PM
    Help with pekin ducklings
    Hi everybody,
    I am a pet lover and I have been taking care of lovebirds and baby chicks. In the begginning I faced some problems but now they are sorted out and the are really happy being with us. I am getting 2 pekin ducklings next week and I don't want them to face any problem therefore I want these question to be answered:

1) Can I use pine shaving as the bedding that I would be changing daily?

2) what green food can I give them to eat; are peas, chopped cabbage,lettece etc good for their health?

3) how long should I make them swim for the first swim (I will decide later when to do so, probably 1 week of age, is it good)?

4) can somebody tell me tips to train them like follow me or make them understand their names?
    Thank You!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2012, 09:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by babychick2 View Post
    hi everybody,
    i am a pet lover and i have been taking care of lovebirds and baby chicks. In the begginning i faced some problems but now they are sorted out and the are really happy being with us. I am getting 2 pekin ducklings next week and i dont want them to face any problem therefore i want these question to be answered:

1) Can i use pine shaving as the bedding that i would be changing daily?

2) what green food can i give them to eat; are peas, chopped cabbage,lettece etc good for their health?

3) how long should i make them swim for the first swim (i will decide later when to do so, probably 1 week of age, is it good)?

4) can somebody tell me tips to train them like follow me or make them understand their names?
    Thank You!

I'm starting to think you are a hoarder. You get various animals, have no idea how to raise them, then you ask questions.

Haven't we had this same exchange concerning lovebirds?

Anyway - How to Raise Pekins: Feeding and Caring for Pekins | DuckHobby.com's Guide to Raising Ducks
    babychick2 Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2012, 04:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I'm starting to think you are a hoarder. You get various animals, have no idea how to raise them, then you ask questions.

Haven't we had this same exchange concerning lovebirds?

Anyway - How to Raise Pekins: Feeding and Caring for Pekins | DuckHobby.com's Guide to Raising Ducks
    *Smiling* No I am not, you don't actually know anything about me, to clear your doubts, I would tell you that lovebirds were bought because my parents wanted so. We have raised rosella Australian parrots for more than 14 years and thought to have a change and buy lovebirds, but their behaviour was quite different and to clear the doubts I asked questions and the main reason behind that was so that the lovebirds don't face any problem. And I didn't buy ducklings till now because I don't know much about them. I am doing researches over net for so long to be well prepared before I buy them. Anyway thanks for the link and your help.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2012, 04:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by babychick2 View Post
    *Smiling* No i am not, you dont actually know anything about me, to clear your doubts, i would tell you that lovebirds were bought because my parents wanted so. We have raised rosella australian parrots for more than 14 years and thought to have a change and buy lovebirds, but their behaviour was quite different and to clear the doubts i asked questions and the main reason behind that was so that the lovebirds dont face any problem. and i didnt buy ducklings till now because i dont know much about them. I am doing researches over net for so long to be well prepared before i buy them. Anyways thanks for the link and your help.

Hopefully you research first and buy after that - *smiling*

Your question about the lovebirds gave me the impression you knew nothing about birds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Glasses in pekin, Illinois [ 1 Answers ]

I have no no money and need glasses and eye exam... I can hardly see the applications since my eyeglasses are so outdated... I have no job and no money...

Age can ducklings be separated from their mother [ 1 Answers ]

When can ducklings be separated from their mother?

View more questions Search