Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jakester Posts: 582, Reputation: 165

Jul 24, 2012, 01:33 PM
    Query Question for Access
    Hello - I'm trying to create a field in my query that will do the following:

1. Evaluate whether the Inactive Date field is either blank or has dates between: 7/1/12 and 7/31/12 and return the words "use for calculation"

The Inactive Date field in my table has blanks or sometimes it has dates. I'm concerned only with blank date fields and fields with dates that occur this month (July 2012).

I've been trying countless IIf formulas but I can't get it work correctly. I'm using Access 2000.

Thanks.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 24, 2012, 01:38 PM
    CheckDate: IIF(IsNull(Inactive),"use for calculation",IIF(Inactive>=#7/1/12# AND Inactive<=#7/31/12#,"use for calculation",Don't use))

That should work.
    jakester Posts: 582, Reputation: 165

Jul 25, 2012, 06:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    CheckDate: IIF(IsNull(Inactive),"use for calculation",IIF(Inactive>=#7/1/12# AND Inactive<=#7/31/12#,"use for calculation",Don't use))

That should work.
    Awesome... thx, man... got it to work
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 25, 2012, 07:41 AM
    Welcome

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Schedule for Access Query [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I need to run some Access queries at midnight please help me in regards. I saw some articles related to MACRO but for them I must have to open the Access Database. Is there any thing like SQL Queries can be run from Command Prompt and we can make 1 cmd file to put in Windows schedule

Access Query Design [ 10 Answers ]

Hi all, I am new to the site and would appreciate any help. I have set of data I am having trouble with. I have one table which contains a series of “Assignment IDs”, products and the dates for which those products were matched to those Assignment IDs. The second table is grouped by product...

View more questions Search