Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JLachney Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2012, 10:58 AM
    Active bankruptcy
    I am in an active bankruptcy that will not end for another 3 years. Recently, my truck broke down which is my main mode of transportation. My wife also has a vehicle but she works and has to shuttle the kids to and from school. The repairs for my truck are going to cost between $2,200-2,500.00 and I just do not have that. I've tried to borrow, but my family also does not have the funds available. Is there any way I would be able to a) sell the truck and cut my losses or b) get a loan via the trustee/court system (not sure how this works) in order to do the repairs. The truck has been paid through our bankruptcy and has recently been paid off.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 24, 2012, 11:28 AM
    You do not borrow money from trustee, but he will allow you to get a loan from some loan company ( if there is one)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Bridgeport Bankruptcy a legit company to file Bankruptcy with [ 7 Answers ]

Is Bridgeport Bankrupty online service a good company to file Bankruptcy. Are there any major reported complaints, like not filing Bankruptcy properly or at all.

During chapter 13 bankruptcy receive inheritance, opt out of bankruptcy and pay off? [ 3 Answers ]

I am six months into a chapter 13 bankruptcy and I have received an inheritance. My bankruptcy is about 60% payout of my total debt of $90K. My inheritance is about 50% of what I owe. Should I opt out of the bankruptcy and try to negotiate with the credit card companies for a payoff for about 50%...

Bankruptcy/judgements still active [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Wisconsin and filed for bankruptcy in 2007.My bankruptcy was discharged in jan of 2008.According to the Wisconsin state court system my judgements that were filed in my bankruptcy are not taken care of.. they still remain active and not satisfied.I have contacted my lawyer and all he says...

She is 12, he is 15(?) and are active... [ 1 Answers ]

While throwing away my "junk mail" yesterday I stood in front of the dumpster and heard some noise behind it. I went about my business as if not noticed. They realized they were caught and began to cloth them self's. I called my mgr. of the apts. And said what I believe to be the actions of the...

View more questions Search