Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ImGoingHome Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2012, 09:41 PM
    Is it time to contact my ex after 4 years?
    Hello

My question is, is it time to contact my ex after 4 years?

Background information: I met this girl online, became friends for 2 years, started dating for 2 years, then she started to have feelings for another guy, I found out, she says she wants to be with the other guy. I was heart broken, I disappeared from her life without saying goodbye or anything because it was the only way I could heal and started working on myself.

4 years later, it doesn't hurt anymore to think of her and I have my own life now, I'm here asking you this question of whether I should contact her because a part of me is still curious of what happened.
    ImGoingHome Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2012, 09:43 PM
    *i found out she was cheating on me
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jul 23, 2012, 10:39 PM
    Don't do it to yourself, trust me. You've come this far, just let it go and forget about her. You will gain nothing but potential pain and heartache by contacting her now.
    monsieurjj Posts: 56, Reputation: 3
    -

Aug 5, 2012, 10:11 PM
    Well I have a different opinion, if you want to be friends why not, I have an ex who I am friends with now but we only talk online and catch up I don't feel anything but grateful that we are friends.
    jay-stud Posts: 43, Reputation: 0

Aug 6, 2012, 08:48 PM
    If you really honslty think you can do it then go ahead. Me and my ex are friends ; not best friends but we can talk without anything coming between us about the past
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2012, 02:28 AM
    Why open a potential can of worms?
    Let it be-the past is best left in the past.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2012, 04:58 PM
    No, it is never time to contact an ex. It has been four years, keep up with the no contact forever and move on.
    monsieurjj Posts: 56, Reputation: 3
    -

Aug 7, 2012, 05:04 PM
    If you want to be friends why not seriously just assess the situation on what you want and her situation as well if you really want to contact her and feel that you really have moved on maybe Facebook

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I contact my ex after 4 years? [ 17 Answers ]

Me and my ex have been broken up for about 4 years. At the time I met him I was dating a guy who was deployed to Iraq. I told him at the time I was in a relationship.. well a few months pass and my boyfriend in Iraq breaks up w/ me and I get w/ my ex. Few months later my ex in Iraq emails me and...

If charged six years jail time and 4 years probation will you serve all 6 years jail [ 2 Answers ]

My exhusband was charged with theft by bring stolen property into state, theft by taking, theft by receiving stolen property, criminal trespass, aggravated cruelty to animals, removal of id items from animals. His sentence is 6 years jail time and 4 years probation. Will he serve all 6 years jail...

If charged six years jail time and 4 years probation will you serve all 6 years jail [ 1 Answers ]

My exhusband has never execised his visitation rights of our twin girls. We have been divorced for 7 1/2 years. He is in jail now. I have not received child support in 2 years. Is this considered abandament? I live in Georgia.

Should I contact my ex after 3 years? [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, I was just wondering if I should contact my ex after 3 years? Long story short, she was my best friend for like 2 years then we decided to get into a relationship, after 1 year she cheated on me with another guy and dumped me. Immediately, I proceeded with NC and I did not talk to her 3...

Contact with Ex after 3 years [ 17 Answers ]

Hi. I recently bumped into my ex after no contact for two years. We had split up 3 years ago but we worked for the same company and I tried to get her back for a year to no avail. I was devastated after waiting & seeing her at work every week she was with someone else, well that's what she...

View more questions Search