Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2012, 05:25 PM
    Accurately tracking specific visitors to your website
    What is the best/easiest/most efficient way to track specific visitors to your website?

Here is what I am wanting to do:

Once someone opts in (with name and email), that person will receive an email. From that email, they will be directed to a webpage with a series of videos. At the end of the video, they will be given a limited-time ONLY offer that they can take advantage of within a set period. If the time expires, I need a way of excluding that person from taking advantage of that offer.

Using the name &/or email to track this is makes it too easy for the person to cheat the system, so to speak. The only way I can think of is using the IP Address along with the name & email. This still makes it pretty easy to cheat the system but I think that the majority of people (at least in my target audience) won't know how to do so.

1) Is there a better way with such limited info?
    2) If not, how can I easily record and track the IP Address?

I know php enough to (kinda) get by and I am assuming that is how to pull this off but am unsure of just how to do it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
    karengrimes94 Posts: 102, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2012, 02:03 AM
    Use Google Analytics, bing webmaster tool etc. By using their rich features you will be able to get the exact idea about the visitors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I send a live message to all my website visitors? Html code? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a website and I would like to send a live message every now and then to every visitor. Sort of like a popup message. Html code would be the best. Thanks.

Parental custody in Florida -is there a specific website that gives information... [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter just had a baby with her ex-boyfriend in Florida is there a website that gives information on rights of "custodial" and "non-custodial" parent. I understand that basically right now they both have legal custody... And if not under what pretenses would you file for sole custody... it...

View more questions Search