Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Karoldp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2012, 05:22 PM
    Grouping Journal Entries into Summary Entries: Allowed?
    I currently use a database which I developed in addition to QuickBooks to fulfill the accounting tasks at my job. The database houses all customer, sales, and cogs data which is updates from external sources. I currently have to enter the all the data from the database relating to each individual sale into QuickBooks. This means that I have to make a minimum of three entries in QB for each individual sale and this has proven to be very time consuming. I am looking to find out if it would be legitimate to make a single journal entry at the end of the month for each of the affected revenue and COGS accounts. We are also on the accrual basis of accounting. Any and all comments and suggestions are appreciated.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2012, 03:00 PM
    You can use the journal function to journal a summary entry but you will loose the detail. You can use the sales invoice function to enter the detail of each transaction for each customer producing one invoice each month for the customer in the quickbooks system, this looses less detal but you may want to include the date and consigment data in the comments

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Preparing journal entries to correct closing entries [ 1 Answers ]

I need to prepare all journal entries to correct the above closing entries Fees Earned Dr 15000 Accumulated, Amort Dr 5000 Interest Rev Dr 1000 Income Summary Cr 21000 Income summary Dr 19000 Salaries Exp Cr 12000 Prepaid Advertising Cr 5000

Pass Journal Entries , Post entries to ledger and prepare trial balance [ 4 Answers ]

Rajaram quit his job and started woodcraft comopany ( Service Firm) The transactions of the business for September are as follows. Sep 1 Began Business by investing cash Rs 10000 in exchange of 1000 shares 4 Paid two month Rent in advance for a shop Rs 2000 5 Bought Equipment...

Summary Journal Entries [ 1 Answers ]

If a business sells a piece of land for a gross profit of $900,000 then what accounts would be debted and credited in a journal entry if there was originally a down of $500,000, then two equal annual payments of $200,000 for the next 2 years?

View more questions Search