Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Redandready Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2012, 01:09 PM
    Indola hair colouring help/advice
    Hoping you can help me out here.

I recently had my blonde hair dyed red in a local salon. Love the result, its was a rich auburn red, very nice. The salon use indola colours, while its great to go there it is very expensive and I've root regrowth in 3 weeks. So I decided to try colour it myself at home, the girl in salon told me in passing conversation that she mixes two or three colours in my hair, two were definitely 8.44 and 8.43 fashion red permanent indola. So I bought them myself and mixed 30ml of each with 60ml of the vol 2 developer. I love the colour that it turned out but the roots didn't really take the colour, they were a very light auburn, nearly orange, but when I washed my hair after 3 days it was fine, I should add that my roots are grey, nearly 80% even though I'm in my thirties, is there a colour missing that I should add to the 8.44/8.43 do you think? any advice would be gratefully appreciated, many thanks,

Mary
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 23, 2012, 01:22 PM
    Every salon has their own formulas; like mixing a cake and the recipe came from a friend who left out one ingredient and it never quite tastes the same. Well, do you think she is going to release her formula to you? Why would you go back if you knew what she actually mixed to achieve the colour you liked?

Sorry, can't help you. I don't even recognize the name.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does colouring of hair results in more grey hair [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a 33 year old lady and hv been twice pregnant, after my second delivery, my hair hv suddenly turned grey, specially the one at the front. I hv not tried anything as yet to cover them including colouring and henna, fearing it might result in more of greying but I seriously want to do something...

How to lighten hair after bleaching and colouring over the hair [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday morning I went to the hairdressers and had my full hair bleached in an attempt to go platinum. Unfortunately the hair was so many different shades that when I left the salon the roots at the centre top of my hair were yellow and orange. Straight away my hair began to fall out and my scalp...

Hair Colouring [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, my natural hair colour is a darkish brown, and I've died it a couple of times a really really dark brown but not black. I have really thin hair and it falls out quite a lot and I was wondering if there is anything I can use to completely take out my permanent hair colour leaving my natural...

Hair colouring [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently died my hair brown I would say it was a redish brown, I was natrualy blonde before and would like to go back to blonde. I just wanted to know how to go back to blonde from brown with out it turning out a nasty colour Thank you :)

Advice needed please on home hair colouring [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, I used to have a fantastic hairdresser who came to my home every 6 weeks to colour my hair for 10 years, I loved how she did it, but unfortunately she had to move away because of her husbands job. This has been over 6 years and I have tried unsuccessfully to re-create the colour myself at...

View more questions Search