Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    signal2007 Posts: 83, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2007, 12:21 PM
    Bad sector
    My CD was ruined,and when I fixed it and put it on CD rom,this error occured:
    "please insert a disk into drive",Is it impossible to repaired it?
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

Mar 4, 2007, 12:40 PM
    No, you can retrieve most of the content with a data retrieval program such as CD Data Rescue ($20) or similar - there's probably a free program out there somewhere if you can find it.

You could also try skimming the disk to remove scratches - some shops will skim a CD for free, or you can buy a disk skimmer quite cheaply (about $40 for an automatic powered one).
    signal2007 Posts: 83, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2007, 12:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Darkclaw
    No, you can retrieve most of the content with a data retrieval program such as CD Data Rescue ($20) or similar - there's probably a free program out there somewhere if you can find it.

you could also try skimming the disk to remove scratches - some shops will skim a CD for free, or you can buy a disk skimmer quite cheaply (about $40 for an automatic powered one).
    Can you deliver a link download of software or program that you mentioned?
    Thanks a lot for your answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad luck, bad karma, or bad self-esteem? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently heard once again a comment I've heard many, MANY times over the past several years: "You and your husband have worse luck than anyone else I know!" and I have one question: "Why is that?" You see, just about the time we get to the point we can manage to keep up on all our monthly...

Bad Debt and Bad Debt allocation [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone help with the following accounting exercise? The following info was listed in company X balance sheet as of 2005 Aacounts Rec for 2004 150,000 Aacounts Rec for 2005 250,000 Allowance for bad debt in 2004 was 8,200 Allowance for bad debt in 2005 was 12,000

Cosmetic sector [ 2 Answers ]

Could you give me detailed information about cosmetic sector?

Power sector reform in india [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know what is the impact of powe sector reform in India .Whether such reforms are successful in any other country.

Need 2 know! BAD! [ 3 Answers ]

How can you tell if you are implantation bleedin(baby) or having a very light period? Really need 2 know!! :confused: :(

View more questions Search