Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NikkiT Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2012, 11:04 AM
    How do you list a 401k on a bankruptcy
    I am in the process of filling for bankruptcy and was wondering where do I list my 401K in the paperwork? I know that it is an asset but it is something that I can't really touch other than small loans. I want to make sure I do this right, I don't even know the correct amount to list. Do I put the amount I have available to borrow or what the full amount is? Any help would be great.

Check out some similar questions!

Bankruptcy+How to List Credit Card since I'm Auth.User [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, If someone is listed as an authorized user on a credit card (and it shows up as such on their credit report) how or where should they list it on their Ch 7 Bankruptcy schedules? Or does it even need to be listed (claimed) at all since they are only an authorized user? NOTE: the primary...

Why does my current 401k paperwork list a former employer C/O? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, my names Howard and I currently had a 401k with my most current employer. When ever I receive information regarding my 401k, it lists C/O of an employer I had worked for 5-6 years ago. I tried searching online for the 401k dept of my previous employer and I noticed there is a class action...

401k Bankruptcy [ 2 Answers ]

If a company goes bankrupt, is a fully vested 401k account in jeopardy?

Bankruptcy and 401k [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I are considering the possibility of filing chapter 13 bankruptcy, and my wife has a 401K account with her employer. How does a 401K factor into a chapter 13, is it surrendered to help pay the debt?

401k Bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

I'm still trying to avoid bankruptcy, though I have about 17 situations such as credit card issues to work through. I have two court lawsuits paperwork submitted to me for two of my smaller accounts owed. I would like a way to settle, but I don't have a lump sum of money currently. ...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.