Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HogleLover Posts: 55, Reputation: 4

Jul 23, 2012, 10:38 AM
    Where to stay in London??
    Hello!

My husband and I want to take a trip to London hopefully sometime in November. I have no idea where the best place to go is. Should we stay in the city, Notting Hill, Chelsea, Bayswater, Kensington?? We want to be somewhere close to cool attractions, street markets, tube stations for easy access to get around, fun pubs, cafes... you get the point. We're basically looking for awesome sight seeing, places where we can take a stroll and take pictures and just have fun.

Any suggestions on what to do, how to get around, where to go, where to stay would be greatly appreciated.
    And I'm not completely 100% sure on how an Oyster card works so that would be helpful too if someone could fill me in.

Thanks a bunch!!

Rach
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 23, 2012, 10:41 AM
    Couple of questions.
    What's your budget and how long are you staying ?
    HogleLover Posts: 55, Reputation: 4

Jul 23, 2012, 10:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Couple of questions.
    What's your budget and how long are you staying ?

I would love to stay for a week. I looked up prices on Expedia for that amount of time flying out of San Francisco... flight and hotel came to around $2500 depending on what area we stay in.
    And I'm hoping we'll have around $1000 for spending money.

How much do you suggest we save up? I know the American dollar isn't worth as much as the Euro.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 23, 2012, 02:27 PM
    Have a look at the budget end of the spectrum for hotels, like:
    Premier inns - London Hotels - Book Cheap Hotels in London UK - Premier Inn
    Travelodge - Travelodge | Cheap Hotels in London - Central London Hotels
    Holiday Inn Express - London Hotels - Holiday Inn Express Hotels London - City Hotel in London | Best Price Guarantee or First Night Free

As the London travel infrastructure is so encompassing, your actual location doesn't really matter, but I would avoid the areas you mentioned earlier, as they are expensive.

Better to have a crash pad and enjoy London, than over spending on a hotel and missing out on other things.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cheap place to stay long term in London? [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I are traveling to London for the first time in May and we still have to figure out where we are staying. We want to stay there as long as we can so anywhere between 3-6 months. I tried looking at hostels but I didn't see any that would fit our budget. I also emailed a few people on...

I like london [ 0 Answers ]

It's a minimal song of a latina girl singing that she likes london. So the refrain is: "i like london!" The song won't leave my head... aaaah!

Address in London [ 1 Answers ]

If possible could you please be kind enough as to let me know the residents of this property from 1900 up to 1970. At one time back in the day it was used as an ice cream parlour. The reason for my curiosity, a month or so ago my girlfriend and I spotted a ghost of a young girl between the age of...

Dermetologist in London, Uk [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys. I have a problem - in my childhood I obtained many scars from climbing trees and being the ulltimate tomboy lol but now I have all these dark marks and not sure how to get rid of them. I've tried almost everything and think I need some professional help. I am of african origin and...

View more questions Search