Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bacallsmom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2007, 11:30 AM
    Kenmore Elite Clothes Dryer
    Kenmore dryer does not heat. How do you replace heating element?
    jimfun71 Posts: 22, Reputation: 4

Mar 4, 2007, 12:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bacallsmom
    Kenmore dryer does not heat. How do you replace heating element?
    First reset the breaker. It's possible you blew one leg. CAUTION!! Only proceed with the following if you have experience working with electrical devices. UNPLUG THE DRYER!! If your mechanically inclined you need to dissemble the unit as needed till you expose the wiring in the back of the machine. Some times you can pull the back plane off with little trouble, sometimes you'll need to remove the drum to get to the elements. The heater elements look like springs. Inspect for breaks. If the spring is broke there's the problem. If it's not broken then it could be the thermostat or the switch. If you have a multimeter then ring the circuit till you find the short. If you don't then replace the thermostat there about 5 bucks. If still not working inspect the rotary switch and all the wires in the heating circuit. Hope this helps and if your not confident with the described procedure then don't do it Electricity can kill.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2007, 10:59 PM
    Diagnostic Guide Link
    I found service tech diagnostic guides (PDF format) during an online search. This includes instructions on putting the dryer into test mode in order to check switches, etc. Here are the links:

Gas Dryer:
    http://www.servicematters.com/docs/w...%203980053.pdf

Electric Dryer:
    http://www.servicematters.com/docs/w...%203979705.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore elite Dryer - [ 3 Answers ]

My kenmore dryer starts the drying cycle then after about 2 - 5 minutes shuts off. It will restart after about 30 minutes. I have checked the thermal cut offs hi limit thermostats, etc. Any suggestions?

Kenmore elite dryer [ 4 Answers ]

My kenmore elite dryer is not getting hot what could be the problem? I was thinking it may be the heating coil, if so where would it be located? Any other suggestions?

Kenmore Elite dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Elite dryer that is 7 yrs old. There is a panel on the front bottom of the dryer. When the dryer is opened to remove clothes there is a removable filter that slips into that bottom panel that must be cleaned after every use. The dryer is not drying well, which leads me to...

Kenmore Elite Dryer [ 1 Answers ]

How do I light the pilot for this dryer?

Kenmore Elite Dryer [ 3 Answers ]

From time to time, I am able to select my drying selections, load size and all the settings but when I push START it only "clicks" and will not start. Then the next day, it is like it "resets" itself and works fine. There seems to be no reason when or why this occurs. Is there any reason why...

View more questions Search