Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robkc00 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2007, 10:07 AM
    Addition to alcohol.
    My husband is an alcoholic and I don't know what to do to help him. He has asked me to help him help himself but I don't know how to go about doing that. What should I do?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 4, 2007, 10:50 AM
    Find the nearest chapter of Alcholics Anonymous immediately and go with and enrol. At least he is admitting he has a problem which is a big step for him and you. Living with an alcoholic is not an easy ride. I wish you good luck in this endeavour and hope you will find a great improvement on the road to recovery with him.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 4, 2007, 04:16 PM
    It is one day at a time, I was there many many years ago, but it is a choice he really has to make on his own, AA can be a great help but in the end, it is he that has to drive pass the bar, not buy the beer in the grocery store and so on.
    dayslug24 Posts: 62, Reputation: 5

Mar 4, 2007, 06:47 PM
    There is also an organization that is in place to help you, the spouse of an alcoholic, deal with this difficult process and provide a support group for you. This will put you in touch with people who have been through this with a loved one of theirs, and they will help guide and support. Here is the link for al-anon:
    Good luck

Welcome to Al-Anon and Alateen
    Peter Dorothy Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Apr 9, 2008, 05:27 AM
    Forex useful info about <a href="http://www.katina.info/moodle/user/view.php?id=1587&course=1">Currency risk</a>
    http://www.katina.info/moodle/user/v...=1587&course=1
    Currency risk

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New addition on home [ 5 Answers ]

What do I need to know when before I talk to contractors? I am putting on an addition to my ranch style home and I feel like I am clueless. Please help.

Deed addition [ 2 Answers ]

In the state of North Carolina, do spouse automatically share ownership of property owned before the marriage? Is there any advantages to adding said spouse to deed?

Toilet addition [ 5 Answers ]

There supposedly is a device, kind of like a garbage disposer, that allows you to pump the waste from a toilet through a 2-inch drain pipe. What exactly is that thing and how does it work?

Addition foundation [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have any experience with connecting a new crawlspace to a existing block foundation? I know if they are both poured you could use rebar to connect them, or if they were both block you would key the new one into the existing, but is it possible to mix the two?

View more questions Search