Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 22, 2012, 05:59 PM
    Sizing a Capacitor
    Air conditioner
    Made by Armstrong Air Conditioning now Allied AIR, Bellevue, Ohio
    Unable to find HP of compressor, running amps 11.9, Lock rotor amp 59, Volts 208-230, my calculations 3.5 HP
    Fan motor A. O. Smith 1/5 HP

I am unable to read markings on capacitor due to corrosion and poor markings. There does appear to be the word "YORK", as in York Air conditioner. All else to faint to read.

Can any one tell me (or calculate) what size this capacitor might be.
    This is a compressor/fan start capacitor. Physical size, 2" diameter, 4" high.

Check out some similar questions!

Sizing a capacitor bank [ 6 Answers ]

is it advisable to size the capacitor bank as 30% of the transformer KVA rating? I assume KVAR=30% Transformer KVA

Wire sizing and conduit sizing [ 8 Answers ]

I am looking for confirmation on some of the info I have found and answers to a few missing pieces. This is regarding wire size and conduit size for service conductors from the meter to the breaker panel (about 30 ft away). Wire Size: 125A service needs #2 copper or 1/0 aluminum -- #6 copper...

Capacitor sizing [ 1 Answers ]

Can I use a 440 vac rated capacitor on a 240 volt home air conditioner? The microfarad rating is the same on both.

Sizing of capacitor for a ceiling fan motor [ 2 Answers ]

I find that a capacitor is provided on a ceiling fan, and I am told it is meant to start the fan motor. Fans are there with different blade sizes, so the motor sizes must be different. How is the capacitor to be selected? Does this capacitor play any part when the fan is running? If capacitor size...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.