Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 22, 2012, 09:21 AM
    Size of Capacitor
    Air conditioner
    Made by Armstrong Air Conditioning now Allied AIR, Bellevue, Ohio
    Unable to find HP of compressor, running amps 11.9, Volts 208-230, my calculations 3.5 HP
    Fan motor A. O. Smith 1/5 HP

I am unable to read markings on capacitor due to corrosion and poor markings. There does appear to be the word "YORK", as in York Air conditioner. All else to faint to read.

Can any one tell me (or calculate) what size this capacitor might be.
    This is a compressor/fan start capacitor. Physical size, 2" diameter, 4" high.

Check out some similar questions!

What size capacitor does my trane xr13 need [ 2 Answers ]

I have a trane xr 13 and the capacitor has went up and I need to know what size I need and where to buy the part from

Capacitor size? [ 1 Answers ]

The required size of cap for my ac unit is 4uf,and 30uf but I'm having trouble locating one. Supplier says they have a 5uf/30uf... is 1uf too big a difference for the fan motor? Thanks.

Capacitor size change for blower motor [ 2 Answers ]

general electric motor, direct drive, 5uf cap First check: when heat exchanger reached temp, the relay clicked but the blower fan just hummed. The bearings seem OK as a slight push causes a rotation that continues for some time. Also, such a slight push causes it to run fine for the cycle. ...

Capacitor size? [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a way to figure out the correct capacitance for my A/C unit? The start capacitor is missing, and nobody seems to know, or wishes to tell me what the capacitor is. If it's not possible to figure it out, if anyone happens to know the capacitor size for the start capacitor in a Carrier...

Capacitor Size [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Goodman heatpump Model CPLJ30-1 1/6 hp fan motor. What tonage is this Also it has a GE Capacitor 97F9834 5uf 36 uf What size capacito is this? It is the round one

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.