Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    svscherrycharan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2012, 07:09 AM
    How to connect cpu to a laptop
    I want to format my laptop... I have a problem with my dvd drive.
    And I don't remember my cmos password.. what should I do?
    Can I connect a cpu to my laptop and format my laptop? Is it possible?
    Dell_Sreenath_G Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2012, 07:35 PM
    Hello svscherrycharan,

My name is Sreenath and I work for the Social Media and Community team at Dell. By connecting a CPU to the laptop, I assume you are referring to connecting a desktop computer to the laptop for reformatting the hard drive. While that is not possible unless you are networking or sharing the two computers, you can connect the laptop's hard drive to a desktop by using a hard drive enclosure.

Thanks & Regards
    Dell_Sreenath_G
    Dell Social Media Responder

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to connect external linux installed cpu as input to lenovo T6 laptop? [ 4 Answers ]

How to connect external linux installed cpu with no monitor as input to windows installed lenovo T6 laptop and make the laptop monitor as cpu monitor?

How to connect to cpu to laptop [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a CPU where I kept my personal files. I don't have monitor now (Only CPU). Can you suggest me how to connect to my CPU through my laptop and get the data to my Laptop? (Both my laptop and CPU is having Windows XP OS). Thanks is adnvance.. :)

Connect laptop to cpu (tower) [ 5 Answers ]

I want to use my cpu as an external hard drive for my laptop. That way I can access via my laptop, files from my desk top PC. How do I connect my lap top to my cpu?

How to connect a laptop with a CPU [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a laptop with Windows Vista OS and a CPU (with out monitor). Windows 2003 and SAP XI is installed in the hard disk which is there in the CPU. I am not interested to buy a monitor now. I would like to connect the CPU to my laptop. Could you suggest me, how can I access the...

View more questions Search