Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kimmysu12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2012, 04:51 AM
    Texas gift deeds
    Do I have to go to an atty to get a gift deed? Is it good from brother to brother so that he will not have future claim on the property?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 22, 2012, 05:59 AM
    No you don't need an attorney for someone to deed property they own to someone else. You do need to use a form acceptable by the county and the signatures should be notarized to assure the identities of the signers..

However, if a brother is gifting their share of property to another brother, there may be legal and tax consequences. So the transactions should be done under the advice of a real estate professional.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gift deed Texas [ 3 Answers ]

Do you have to have an attorney to file a gift deed in Texas? Where can I get one? Does it have to go through a Title Company or just take it to the County Courthouse and file it?

How can my mom gift a car registered in Texas to me in Maryland? [ 5 Answers ]

My mother is gifting me one of my parents cars. The car is registered in my moms name, but I already live in Maryland. How can she transfer the title to my name and allow me to register the car in Maryland? Does she transfer the title to my name in Texas, and then I bring it to Maryland? It seems...

Can I rescind a deed of gift in Texas? [ 2 Answers ]

Can a deed of gift be rescinded?

How would I complete a Real Estate Deed Transfer in Texas when property is a gift [ 1 Answers ]

How would complete a Real Estate Deed Transfer in Texas when the property is a gift to a loved one?

View more questions Search