Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    balzereitib Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2012, 07:46 PM
    BCBS withholds MD's Patient claims to satisfy judgement
    A judgement was granted against a medical practice from a lost court case. A garnishment was served to BCBS who garnished the physicians Insurance reimbursement filed with a different Tax ID. I was under the impression that an LLC protects one from individual garnishment and thus no moneys can be held. A stay was filed and is pending. The practice had filed Chapter 7 due to no monies to pay this judgement, thus the confusion and a trustee is in charge of the monies designated to pay wages, and other overhead bills created with the new tax id. Please provide positive and negative feedback.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I garnish someone's tax return to satisfy a judgement [ 1 Answers ]

We have a judgement from a small claims court case, but when we garnished the individual's wages, he quit his job. We don't know where he is now working but would like to know how to garnish his next tax return. Is this possible, and how?

Garnish bank account to satisfy judgement [ 4 Answers ]

I need some help please. I have a monetary judgement against my ex-husband. It was issued by a Colorado court, where we lived. My ex has moved to Arizona. He banks at US Bank which is nationwide. Can I take my judgement to a local bank in Colorado and seize the funds in his account? If not,...

WA small claims judgement from 07/08 [ 9 Answers ]

I need help on the best way to receive money owed to my husband. He was awarded 3500 +12 % interest almost a year ago. We have not received a penny. I want to know the best way to find out about assets she has, bank accounts, investments to put a lien on. It would be nice to know where she is...

Small claims judgement [ 1 Answers ]

Can a default small claims judgement against a business corporation in Washington state be garnished against one of the owners personal bank accounts?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.