Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1emos Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2007, 08:12 AM
    Some Interview Questions - 1
    Hi,

I would be thankful if you could provide me the solution to the following questions in C:

1. Given 2 files, f1 and f2 with thousands of name each. Find the common names in the two files. Extend this to 3 files.

2. Algorithm to count most user viewed pages.

3. Code to find dot and cross product

4. Write a function that accepts a function pointer and check the procId of the calling process. Check if the process was alive at a specific interval. If yes, then invoke the function (pointed to by the function pointer) else return. Write another function that would take a request from the process to stop the first function

5. You have 50000 html files, some of which contain phone numbers. How would you create a list of all the files which contain phone numbers?

6. Write C code for 'tr' program.
    C:\> tr abc xyz <file name>
    replaces all occurrences of a by x, b by y and c by z in <file name>

7. Given a sentence, find if a specific word occurs in it.

8. Write the data structure for jigsaw puzzle. Assume that there is some method which can tell if 2 pieces fit together. How would you solve the puzzle, minimizing the number of times the function is called?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2007, 08:21 AM
    Is this your interview questions, that you are supposed to answer, YOUR own answer?
    Nosnosna Posts: 434, Reputation: 103

Mar 15, 2007, 02:31 PM
    If these are your interview questions, you really do need to be able to answer them yourself... several of these are fairly trivial problems, with only some efficiency issues to make them interesting. If, for example, you can't conceptualize a solution for 7 (a simple recursive substring match would do it... maybe 10 lines of code), you don't need to be applying for the programming job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Interview questions [ 1 Answers ]

I am interviewing for a I.T. Help desk position within my company. Where can I find interviewing question that would help me with this interview?

Interview questions [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I need help answering the following questions: What do you think primary teachers should know in order to be effective in the classroom? The Primary National Strategy is based on the principles of excellence and enjoyment. Is it possible for a teacher when planning the curriculum to...

Interview questions [ 2 Answers ]

I have an interview and need to know some answers to these questions? 1. what do you think primary teachers should know in order to be effective in the classroom? 2. The Primary National Strategy is based on the Principles of excellence and enjoyment. Is it possible for a teacher when planning...

Help making interview questions [ 0 Answers ]

I need help on making interview questions asking a person all about their particular culture... and I have noe idea how to do that :'( PLEASE HELP ME!! I need to have this done by October 2nd??

View more questions Search