Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missk Posts: 517, Reputation: 44

Jul 21, 2012, 11:04 AM
    Bathroom faucet hot water trickling
    My hot water in the bathroom sink is just a trickle. About pencil sized. It isn't the aerator/filter thingy. I clean that regularly, and my cold water is just fine. The water everywhere in the house is just fine. I have two bathrooms. The style of my sink is similar to this one...
    Shop Moen Brantford Brushed Nickel 2-Handle WaterSense Bathroom Sink Faucet (Drain Included) at Lowes.com

I have no idea how to fix this.
    missk Posts: 517, Reputation: 44

Jul 21, 2012, 11:12 AM
    I turned the hot water valve off, then back on again, and it didn't do anything. There are no leaks under the sink. The tubing for the hot water valve, does look old though. It's some kind of plastic type material. My cold water one is metal material.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2012, 05:56 AM
    It sounds like you have debris in hot port of the valve, close the angle valves under the sink, remove the handle the dome and the cartridge, now put a towel on top of the valve slowly open the angle valve to flush out the debris out, close the angle valve and install the cartridge and see if the problem is fixed,if not then you need to check the hot supply line for and blockage, Thanks.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cold water comes out of hot water faucet, but only in one bathroom [ 3 Answers ]

Just moved in 4 months ago. Cold water comes out of the hot water faucet, but this occurs only in one bathroom. Everywhere else (kitchen, other bathrooms), the hot water comes out okay. House is ranch-style (1 level). Even if I wait a long time (10 minutes), water still stays cold in just that...

Hot Water from bathroom faucet Stops [ 1 Answers ]

The hot water in one of my bathroom faucets makes a knocking sound and then the flow stops. No problems with the shower in the same bathroom or any other faucets, dishwasher, washer, etc. Any ideas what is causing the problem.

Trickling or No Water in Cold Water Pipe in 1 Bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

The cold water in the sink and toilet tank in our basement bathroom comes out either as a trickle or not at all. The cold water works fine in all the other bathrooms (2), the kitchen and laundry room. The toilet water connection is turned on all the way, as is the sink. The hot water in the sink...

Trickling water faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I have a bathroom faucet that only trickles water, both hot and cold. When open does not change, when shut goes off. Valve is open, toilet works fine, when toilet shut does not effect. I just bought the house and the water pressure is also low throughout the house. Thank you

Bathroom mixer tap-hot water just trickling out! [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently changed the bath and taps in my bathroom from a pair of taps to single mixer taps. Since doing this I noticed that the hot water only trickles out, the cold water is very powerful, so to fill up a nice warm bath it would take at least an hour and by then the hot water would have...

View more questions Search