Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ar93 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2012, 09:31 AM
    Nri divorce in usa
    I am Indian woman recently became US citizen [ also 3 of my kids ] I am married to my husband for 19 years.[ not aUS citzen yet, a green card holder.We were married in India.He misbehaved with my brothers daughter to start with about 6 years ago. Now I hear a lot of things like this often.He wanted me to support him from all his mistakes. When I refused, he accuses me of having relationship with fathers of the girls in neighbourhood. So that they can not come fighting with . I can not do anything aganst him.He beats me and talks very bad about me to my kids. I tried mediation as a move towards divorce .He would make some mess and get out of that office. It happened twice.I can not get him to work with me towards divorce.[ He does not work after we came to USA 6 years now .]
    Some one please help me how to do about this. I tried taking
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 21, 2012, 10:01 AM
    Just just file for divorce where you are at. You have established residence and may divorce here.
    ar93 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2012, 10:11 AM
    Thanks . I was just wondering about child custody since he is not working. Will I be given the custody for all my kids.I do not want my kids to be sepearted fom me. That was the only reason I was trying to put up with him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Indian Divorce in CA, USA [ 4 Answers ]

Hello All, My husband and I are in a process of getting divorced. I am in CA and he is in a different state. I initiated the process and therefore CA court is handling this. My question is about the property we both own in India. It is in both our names - how do I file for a 50% share here in...

Moving out of the USA while in a divorce [ 1 Answers ]

I have been separated from my "husband" for 4 years. We have a 5 year old in common. He FINALLY filed for divorce a year ago. I have been happily in a relationship and am due to have his baby in August. My daughters father goes for weeks even months without seeing or calling her. He has wanted to...

NRI Divorce US-India Confusion [ 8 Answers ]

Hi Sir/Ma'am, Both my husband and me live in CA,US but are from AP, India. There are a lot of issues during the marriage, that my husband is not willing to forgive, and expects me to be very subservient and be guilty for all the mistakes he thinks my parents have done. Those mistakes/issues...

View more questions Search