Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nazrin1990 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2012, 11:42 PM
    Stomach pain , irregular periods, irregular bowels
    I am having irregular periods since 3 years.This year after I got my periods on April 15 after getting on jan, feb and march, I didn't get it after that fr nearly two months.. Then after intake of primolut n, I got my periods on June 19.Its 21st today and I haven't got my periods yet.But for the past 1 week I am having stomach pain and irregular bowels (twice or thrice a day). I had an ultrasound done recently and the doctor said I may have pcos.what is the reason for this constant stomach pain?is it because of pcos or due to other reasons?
    Lexieface Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2012, 11:38 PM
    Have you had blood work done? Sometimes those symptoms can be related to thyroid disorder.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 22, 2012, 05:15 AM
    Gastrointestinal problems have been reported with the taking of Primolut N. Are you still taking it? Why did the doctor say you 'may' have pcos, and not that you do or don't? Had he or she done the ultrasound, or was he waiting for the results?

You are asking us questions you should be discussing with the doctor. There is just too much to know about your history and treatment. We don't even know why you needed to take a drug for irregular periods in the first place.

Sep 23, 2012, 11:09 AM
    Yeah.. my blood tests don't indicate thyroid problem. None of my nearest family members have thyroid.
    I actually went to see a doctor after typing it out here. She told me my stomach pain had nothing to do with periods and it was solely due to food poisoning. Since I get cramps during my periods, I thought it had something to do with it. She prescribed a few tablets to take in when I get cramps. I am fine now . Thank you for responding and caring.

Sep 23, 2012, 11:19 AM
    No, I have taken primolut N only once about which I had mentioned in my query and I have completely stopped after that. She said I may have pcos and then confirmed it later by having an ultrasound done. She said one of my ovaries are little more polycystic than the other one. Nothing too serious though thankfully. She just told me to keep my weight in check.

I then visited a reputed doctor later on . She said PCOS is a common thing in teens and there's nothing to worry about since it was not like I had 6 months gap b/w periods and an excessive overflow. But she did mention to reduce my weight. I am really careless now but I am working on my diet.

BTW the pain was due to food poisoning. It disappeared after some time. Phew! Thanks for taking your time in replying.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 23, 2012, 11:21 AM
    This is one reason why we can't diagnose online. You didn't mention that you are a teen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lower back pain, irregular periods [ 0 Answers ]

I am 23yrs old. I had a early misscarriage 7 months ago. After that my body was mormal for about 5months. 2 periods ago I experiensed some spotting but it was only there for like 2 days then back to normal I had my period 2 weekds ago and it was quite normal. 4 days after that I had sex and...

I am suffering from irregular periods and pain during the periods [ 0 Answers ]

I am suffering from this problem since my period started, I suffer from pre-menstrual cramps & cramps-highest on the first day (pain in the lower abdominal , back pain, cold feet, uneasiness, sometimes loose motion, sometimes feel like throwing up) which might continue to the 3rd day(low...

Irregular Periods and pain [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there I am 21yrs old and I have always had irregular periods since I was 12 years old. I would usually get my period once a year or every six to eight months. Now that I am older they become very absent I am currently on birth control which is regulating them but my las period was almost three...

Back pain in right hip- irregular periods [ 1 Answers ]

I’m Poornima,25 years old ,from India.I had back pain since few months.but I managed to work with a soft pillow for my back, during my office hours.But for the past one week,I ‘m enduring severe back pain at the back side of my hip.I feel very painful, while bending- example when I’m about to take...

View more questions Search