Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kelly07 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2007, 04:27 AM
    Itchy rash
    I am 17 and have a rash on my legs, back,belly,arms,hands and is starting to spread on my neck but it only shows when itched I have been to my doctors twice and both times said it was scabies but scabies is contagios but yet know one who I have been in contact with has caught it yet I have had it for about 3 to 4 months and started just with a few like itchy spots it is getting me down because I can't stop scratching and I can't cope anymore please can anyone help me
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 4, 2007, 04:33 AM
    Doctors treat scabies by prescribing a medicated cream or lotion to kill the mites. The cream will need to be applied to the skin all over the body, not just the area with the rash, and usually must remain on the skin for 8 to 12 hours before it can be washed off. After applying it, don't wash your hands - scabies mites love the area between the fingers! You may want to apply the medication before your child goes to bed, then wash it off in the morning.

Most often, the treatment needs to be repeated in 1 week
    hotdogswithketcup Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2007, 09:54 AM
    I have excema(not sure on the spelling, and if it is dry out, or after I have a shower or swimming when my skin dry's out, I get itchy and I scratch, getting a rash. Try mosterizing lots and see what happens. Also, excema is not contagious.
    rdavies1980 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2007, 03:29 AM
    I used to itch like mad when I was pregnant, I have excema and I found using e45 helpt me abit you can get the nrmal cream or one with e45 itch relief
    Lee_Sah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2011, 11:38 PM
    I have the same thing as you have described!
    My Doctor also told me is was Scabies. So I bought the cream and did everything to the letter. I even washed all of my clothes twice, washed my bed sheets, tried to disinfect my bed, disinfected cleaned the whole entire house! The itching calmed down for about a day but now, new itchy spots are coming back, along with the worst part (my inner thighs). The spots other than my thighs look and feel like mosquito bites and I can't help but scratch them until they bleed and scab over! My inner thighs are as itchy as they were the first day I realised something was wrong but now I have raised little bumps that are a little whiter than my skin color. No imflamation or redness. No one else in the house has got this. I live with 5 people, we all share the same couches, chair and washrooms. I have also visited my parents for a week and out of the 3, none of them have these weird rashes either.

Before anyone asks:
    ***It's also not an alergic reaction, I haven't changed my soap, shampoo, perfume, laundry soap, or anything else for that matter. I have strict routines and I stick to them. I have also not been sexually been active for the last 2 months and I was with the 2 same partners for the last 2 years and we always wore a condom.***

Please let me know if you find a solution to this! It's annoying and embarrassing!
    I will try to go to my Doctor's again tomorrow and I will let you know if anything changes or if he gives me a different diagnose or treatment.
    Have you tried the Scabies cream? I got the "Nix" since I couldn't afford the other brand.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Itchy! [ 5 Answers ]

Lately I have been so itchy! It is mainly on my stomach, chest, back, and sides but it is really annoying I don't know if it is just the dry cold weather or what but I need some suggestions on how to make it stop! I do have exema but it mainly is on my hands...

Itchy skin, then red bump like rash [ 2 Answers ]

For a few weeks now, I've been itching extremely bad all over my body. Usually my thighs worst of all. I assumed I was gaining weight and it was just because my skin was stretching(I'm noticing more stretch marks than before). Now all of the sudden everywhere it itches(worse than before!) As soon...

Rash or itchy bumps all over my torso [ 5 Answers ]

I will try to explain as best I can and see if anyone on here know what this is. I can't get to the doctor until mid week, so I am just wondering. I have a rash and/or bumps that itch in various places on my torso. They have come and gone for the past 3 weeks or so and in different places on...

Itchy [ 15 Answers ]

Yeah OK so since I got back form my cottage I've had this horrible itching around my vagina and I'm wondering what the hell this is I itches when I move the wrong way its red and very sensitive... I really need some help its bugging the crap out of me.. my mom got me some itch cream but it doesn't...

Itchy skin rash [ 5 Answers ]

I seem to have what this person has, minus the spider bite: red, itchy bumps all over upper arms and legs, as well as a splotchy rash around my neckline that burns like crazy. Thoughts as to what it could be? Help... I'm scaring myself that it's shingles or something. Newsbunny For a few...

View more questions Search