Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lopezap1 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2012, 04:31 PM
    Debit and credit
    Bank lends money to customer on six month note. The entry to record the issuance of the note is:
    A - debit note rec'able and credit credit service rev
    B - debit service rev and credit note rec'able
    C - debit note rec'able and credit cash
    D - debit cash and credit note rec'able

I thought it would be D
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2012, 01:54 PM
    Based on the possible answers I assume the journal entry by the bank will be:
    Debit Notes Receivable because a customer signed a note owing the bank money
    Credit Cash because the bank gave the customer money in exchange for the note.

The journal entry by the customer will be:
    Debit Cash because the customer received cash from the bank
    Credit Notes Payable because the customer signed a note for the cash by the bank

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Debit or Credit [ 1 Answers ]

The expected balance in Prepaid Insurance

Debit or Credit [ 1 Answers ]

Hi If using the perpetual inventory system what is the impact of COGS if the company sells inventory? I think it would be a credit but I get really confused re debits/credits :rolleyes: Thanks for your help.

Debit Credit [ 1 Answers ]

In double entry accounting what's a debit and what's a credit?

Debit or credit [ 1 Answers ]

On October 1, 20x1, the Jernnigan Company paid $4800 for a one-year insurance policy. On December 31, 20x1, the adjusting entry would include a. a debit to Insurance Expense, $3,600 b. a credit to Insurance Payable, $1,200 c. a credit to Prepaid Insurance, $1,200 d. a debit to Insurance...

Debit balance, debit entries, and credit entries [ 1 Answers ]

This is a silly question I'm sure, and the answer is very simple, but it is driving me crazy... The problem is: At the beginning of the year, The Office Equipment account of Gulf Coast Airlines had a debit balance of $126,900. During the year, debit entries of $23, 400 and credit entries of...

View more questions Search