Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    telly9 Posts: 32, Reputation: 3

Jul 20, 2012, 02:15 PM
    Mild General learning disability
    If someone has a "mild general learning disability" what does this mean? Is it like "Learning difficulties" or "intellectual disability"

So many labels for people that I'm confused :-/
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 20, 2012, 02:20 PM
    It means someone has labeled them. It means that according to the guideline of the authority that issued this label, they meet those guidelines. Since we do not know who determined this, or by what guidelines they were using we do not know.

It is perhaps an attention issue, perhaps even a reading issue that is misjudged, it could be a slowness in learning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My Son is 5 and I think he has a learning disability [ 2 Answers ]

My Son seems to have a problem and I can't figure out what it is. He speaks very well, it's almost like you are talking to an adult. However he can't figure out the most simple of task like putting on two socks because you have two feet. He will keep putting socks on top of each other .And when you...

Disability/learning etc? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My names niki short for nick, I have been out of bad luck all my life since I was a little boy I have failed in school.. meaning in secondary and in tafe. I always stater when I speak I always mumble and I also have trouble in leaning in understand and until this day I still am in badluck,...

Learning disability [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone.. Am a new member... I deal with children with disabilities... I have many cases to be assessed for "dyslexia" i.e 'Learning Disability'... as we live in India, English is the second language for most of the children... there are some children who have poor verbal and written...

Learning disability [ 2 Answers ]

What is it like for a man who is 40yrs old and has a learning disability? Does this also affect his personality?

Learning Disability [ 1 Answers ]

I am post graduate student in China. At peresnt I am studining Chinese's language. I find it very intersing and not difficult to learn spoken. But the Chinese's characters are not so easy and I have some difficulty in mimorizing them. You know I forget or I mix the charecters. Please what do you...

View more questions Search