Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    milkyway3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2012, 12:42 PM
    My landline says it doesn't take incomming calls
    My land line doesn't take incomming calls if I sent a text would it be able to receive it
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 23, 2012, 01:34 PM
    Since when do landline phones receive text messages? Do you mean to ask whether a service such as DSL can operate over a phone line that is disconnected?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 23, 2012, 01:38 PM
    The only active landline I know of that can't take incoming calls is the basic cheap service for those over 65, which only allows calls to 911.
    Then there's gmail phone, which you can use to call out but not receive calls. That's not a landline.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 23, 2012, 02:35 PM
    UK landlines do "receive" text messages.
    The SMS is translated into speech and delivered as a voice message.

That being said I've not come across a service that doesn't allow INcoming calls, normally OUTgoing calls are barred to certain services or due to non-payment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I stop cold calls on landline [ 4 Answers ]

I'm getting unwanted cold calls on my landline

Landline can make calls but not receive [ 2 Answers ]

My landline will make outgoing calls but will not receive incoming calls, I did have an answer phone , & that ceased working for some unknown reason , so plugged in basic phone & still the problem persists

Tracing landline calls [ 6 Answers ]

Is there any way to trace incoming and outgoing calls from a home phone? I called the phone company but they said that they can only release the records without a supena. I know there is caller ID but that is easily deleted from any phone.

Get get incomming calls [ 3 Answers ]

Today, my home phone began to have problems with incoming calls. If someone calling the house, you will hear a partial ring, and on the caller id it states incoming call but no other info will display. Eventually the line will disconnect. On the other end the caller will hear a few rings then a...

Can landline calls appear on my computer? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Lately I ve been having some trouble with people calling me and hanging up. I don't have caller id on my landline telephone device so I though that it s a good idea to receive regular phone calls through my laptop computer. Is this possible? Thanks

View more questions Search